Join now - be part of our community!

Having problem of accessing the internet using wifi?

profile.country.en_GB.title
mathi_jasun
Visitor

It was working till last week. Sys Info : SONY VAIO laptop, Win 7

Suddenly thro' wireless connection not able to connect the internet. It is working fine if I plug the cable in my laptop. I verified and checked the following things 1) Checked the IE tools > Internet Options > as Automatically Detect Settings

2) Checked TCP/IP connection option select as "Obtained" for both

3) select the wireless network and right-click, select  Properties, on the  Security tab disable all options i.e., in Security type select  No authentication (Open) and in  Encryption type select  None . You may also enable the automatic connectivity and SSID settings for further strengthening the connectivity, in the connection tab click to select the "Connect automatically when this network is in range " and "Connect even if the network is not broadcasting its name (SSID) check-boxes

4) DHCP client is enabled

Could you please help me to resolve this issue? 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Which Vaio model are you using?

I assume you have checked that the physical wireless switch on the front of your Vaio is turned on?

Have you checked in Vaio Smart Network that 2.4GHz Wireless LAN is selected and the WiFi light is turned on?  You can get into the Smart Network utility from the icon in the system tray.

:thinking: