Join now - be part of our community!

Help please, can't find my support ticket, pulling my hair out! lol

profile.country.en_GB.title
jasmith1694
Visitor

Help please, can't find my support ticket, pulling my hair out! lol

Hi,

I am trying to find an enquiry i sent to sony regarding an accessory for my vaio, however i have a few problems.

Firstly, i no longer have my laptop serial number, it was sent for repair a month or so ago and the serial number label has been replaced with a service tag instead, and everywhere i go on this site wants me to login with my serial number.

I was thinking perhaps it wasnt here i sent the enquiry? as i am pretty sure i just logged in with my email and then clicked on 'My tickets' or something along those lines, and last i saw it was stll waiting for a response, but i can;t for the life of me remember where this was.

also, i am pretty sure i registered my vaio with sony prior to sending for repair ( i seem to recall i was forced to register it before i could send it off )

so, i have 2 quesitons really, how do i login here without my serial number? and does anyone know where on sony websites is the area i am trying to access?

Thanks in advance for any help

Happy new year

Jay

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You can find your Serial Number inthe following location: -

Start -> Vaio Control Centre -> System Information

Alternatively, the Serial Number will be shown in the BIOS Main Screen (Tap F2 at startup).

The Sony website has changed recently and if you can't find your question using the serial number you may find it easier to ask your question here and hopefully another user can help or point you in the right direction on the new website.

:wink:

jasmith1694
Visitor

Hi,

Thankyou for your reply.

Following your instructions, i have found the serial number. However, as you preficted, this hasn't really helped.

The sony website may not have been this specific one, i had a support ticket, and the nature of the query is rather specific, but i will reiterate it here.

I am trying to obtain a part for my Vaio, however, the only place is a website in USA that requires a US address.

https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.com/(S(jivrh055c30a0045lc0dzb45))/sony-part-number-A1766534A.aspx

So basically, my question was, where can i get this part? and i hope, the price isn't 70 quid for a simple data ribbon!

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa39/jayjay2_photo/?action=view&current=IMG_0010.jpg

Thanks once more

Jay

jasmith1694
Visitor

Yeah, i figured noone here could help, which is why i didn't bother reposting my query here, i am also not entirely convinced the place i submitted the ticket no longer exists.

Can Anyone help at all please?

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jasmith1694,

You could try contacting one of Sony's authorised repairers to find contact details of the nearset location..

Open Vaio support, either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab to locate the nearest location.

Failing that then try Vaio support..