Join now - be part of our community!

How do I stop the cursor moving around when I type?

profile.country.en_GB.title
dithorl
Visitor

How do I stop the cursor moving around when I type?

Can anyone tell me how I can stop the cursor moving around as I type so that words/phrases

appear in the wrong place?  I use a mouse and not the touchpad.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi dithorl,

Although you use a mouse still maybe worth checking the touchpad properties..:smileywink:

dithorl
Visitor

Hello Thalamus

What do you mean by touchpad properties?  I have asked the Techie forum on MSE

in the past but still got nowhere.  In Control Panel I could not find a reference to

"touch pad" just "mouse" which is weird considering the VA10 did not come with a mouse.

I try to remember to keep my fingers away from the area around the touchpad but the

slightest touch moves the cursor.    rgds   Diana

profile.country.de_BE.title
stephanius
Visitor

Hello Diana,

typically the problem you describe is caused by the touchpad responding to your palms while you are typing.

Depending on the VAIO model you have, there are different options. Pretty much all VAIO notebooks with a touchpad offer an option to disable the touchpad (Start > VAIO Control Center > Keyboard and Mouse > Pointing Device, Untick [ ] Enable).

Depending on the touchpad type, you may also have the advanced option to disregard touchpad input while you are typing, which is more handy than using the keyboard to re-enable the touchpad if you want to use your notebook without your mouse for a change.

iatemomos
Visitor

I never had a probleme after applying Touchpad blocker - http://karpolan.com/software/touchpad-blocker/

profile.country.fr_FR.title
User3D
Visitor

Hi,

I had this problem and I called the support. They guided me to re-install pointing device driver, which brought the solution. Unluckilly I didin't write down the procedure. If you get it, would you mind to remind it to me?

Brges

Vaio3D