Join now - be part of our community!

Interent Explorer as default browser on Vaio

profile.country.fr_FR.title
User3D
Visitor

Interent Explorer as default browser on Vaio

Hi,

I cannot define Interent Explorer as default browser on my Vaio (I know that thsi is unusal as question as more frequently the users look how disable IE).

I define it either by answering the explicit question or by changing the parameter using Option menu, but when I launch it once again it asks me still the same question and when I check the options, IE9 is not tagged as the default browser.

Any idea what is going on?

Vaio3D

Message was edited by: vaio3d

Message was edited by: vaio3d

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sony set Chrome as the default browser and sometimes it is difficult to change.  The usual methods do not seem to work.

I am sure I simply downloaded the IE9 upgrade from the Microsoft website and during installation, set it as the default browser.  It seems you have to download a new browser to be able to change the default.

I have since changed the default browser to Firefox without any problems.

:thinking:

profile.country.fr_FR.title
User3D
Visitor

Thank you for your answer.

I want to set IE9 as default browser because it seems to me that I know better how to protect my privacy with it.

With Chrome, which I found well done,  I have an impression to receive too much of targeted advertisements, thus I have a feeling that the "Big Brother listens”. :dizzy:

I downloaded both IE9 and Firefox defining them as default browsers, but with no effect. :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

That is strange - let's see if anyone else has a fix.

:thinking: