Join now - be part of our community!

Opening a Vaio case

JeromeMcKean
Visitor

Opening a Vaio case

I have a Sony Vaio notebook, PCG-FR285M. How can I open the case? I want to have access to the fans for routine maintenance, and look the motherboard. The nine screws in the base are removable, the two rear screws, the two SoDIMMs, the modem card and screws in it's area, the HDD, it's four screws and the two screws into the motherboard in it's area. The front lifts yet catches above the cardbus slots and towards the rear. There is a 10mm slot in the rear on the right that could be an access to a catch. Sony have informed me this morning that they do not support opening cases yet they have a FAQ on opening another Vaio case.

Jerome K Maule McKean
Dream Frequency .com
http://dreamfrequency.com

3 REPLIES 3
krilas
Visitor

I need open GRT815M case. How to do this? I need clean CPU fan and else component from dust. Who can help my? :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
jamesonh
Visitor

Did you ever find the answer to this?

profile.country.en_GB.title
joperez7798
Visitor

I have a F11 series and I am using a Miele vacum cleaner at nearly max power with a flat a narrow device called by Miele Crevice nozzle. I point the tip of this device close to the laptop heat sink, the bit you can see from outside, thus without dismantling the machine. I believe that it is less noisy now.

Message was edited by: joperez7798