Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio Pro 13 flashing orange power button is gone after installing the "acpi sny5001"

profile.country.GB.title
Hugo_Fonseca

Sony Vaio Pro 13 flashing orange power button is gone after installing the "acpi sny5001"

Hi everyone. 😉

As some of you may know, in some models of Sony Vaio's, the power button starts flashing orange once the computer is put into "Sleep".

I had to factory reset my Sony Vaio Pro 13 and reinstall Windows 10 on it.

Luckily I had downloaded all the required drivers for the laptop before Sony shut down the Sony Vaio download options on their support page for Sony Vaio computers earlier this year.

Anyway, everything is working expect one little thing.

I had a certain "unknown device" on Device Manager menu, and after some online search, I managed to find a solution and downloaded and installed the missing driver, the "acpi sny5001 sony firmware extension parser driver".

That fixed the "unknown device" issue, but I noticed another issue starting after I downloaded the driver:

Every time I put the laptop into "Sleep" mode, the expected flashing orange light on the laptop's power button no longer flashes, or is on. The power button stays unlit.

It still goes green when the laptop is on and running.

But the "Sleep" mode flashing orange light is gone.

Is there any solution to get it to flash again?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

If you uninstall that "Device" from Device Manager does it work correctly again?
profile.country.GB.title
Hugo_Fonseca

Hello.

After the driver is installed, the "unknown device" disapeared.

So I assume it is working. No other issues apart the orange light not flashing.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Try to reinstall:
Sony ® Shared Library - install and reboot PC
Hotkey Utilities - install and reboot PC