Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VAIO VGN-SR29XN

profile.country.en_GB.title
RS3100
Visitor

Sony VAIO VGN-SR29XN

when i bought my laptop, it came in a cardboard box wrapped in tape, i didnt get any handbook or manual:smileyangry:

i'm also wondering if Windows 7 can come as a demo as the version installed has expired & the seller is bouncing my emails back to me:smileyconfused:

underneath the laptop thr is a geuine sticker & serial for Windows Vista:smileycry:

can anyone give me help, plz

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi RS3100, when did you buy your Vaio?

The SR19XN was offered for sale before Windows 7 was released (Q3 2009) and qualified for a free upgrade  from Vista to Windows 7 if you applied for the upgrade discs before 31 March. The offer has now closed as Microsoft set the latest date on which the upgrade offer could be taken up.  This model was only sold with Vista installed.

If you have no Sony Windows 7 upgrade discs then it is possible that you do not have the Sony OEM genuine version of Windows installed.  Your only options will be to recover your Vaio back to Vista or buy an upgrade version of Windows 7.

You could have the pre-release beta  RC1 Windows 7 installed or a normal version of Windows 7 which will give 30 days before expiring if a license has not been purchased.

Please give us as much detail as you can and we will try to help.

You can download a User Guide and other manuals from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/documentation/manuals/index.aspx?m=VGN-SR29XN_S&l=en_GB

:slight_frown: