Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to deactivated StickyKey function...any suggestions?

profile.country.en_GB.title
mnmb4nw2
Visitor

Unable to deactivated StickyKey function...any suggestions?

Hi, I'm currently unable to remove the stickyKeys function on my laptop. When I could access the settings initally, i tried to disable it by 'unclicking' it, holding two keys down, even holding the control key and another key at the same time down. However, i'm still getting numbers for letters and I still have to hold the function key down to type normally.

I am really frustrated now as I cannot do anything. I've tried everything to remove it to no avail.

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

What Operating System are you using? Win7? Vista? XP?

In XP go to Start -> Control Panel -> Accessibility and turn off Sticky Keys there.

In Vista, the Control Panel menu is called "Ease of Access Center",  not "Accessibility".  From this panel, scroll down and click on "Make  the keyboard easier to use".  Under "Make it easier to type", click the  link to "Set up Sticky Keys".  Deselect the checkbox for "Turn on Sticky  Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times" in order to disable this  feature.  Click Apply or Save to keep this setting.

HOWEVER, it does not sound like you have sticky keys enabled to me.  Which numbers appear when you select which letters?  Are you sure NumLk is not on?

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi mnmb4nw2,

it sounds to me that you have Number lock enabled..

Try pressing the NumLk key, usually found on the top right of the keyboard, does this resolve the problem.?