Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio update not updating

profile.country.en_GB.title
jugaugh
Visitor

Vaio update not updating

I am using Vaio Update version 5.4.1.04200. Upon checking for updates it come up with the following message...

A new version of VAIO Update is available. VAIO Update cannot be used unless it is updated. Update now?

I click yes, then the icon in the system tray shows it is downloading the update but then after around 1 minute it stops and nothing happens. So, until this is fixed i cannot use VAIO Update.

Any solutions or a direct download link to download the latest version?

If it makes difference my model number is VGN-AW41MF

Thanks.

95 REPLIES 95
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

If any of the respondents to this thread don’t receive a call from Vaio Support, in relation to this issue, over the next couple of days please let me know.

Please ensure that you contact details are up to date.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Support inform me that only one of you will be contacted – presumably jugaugh – and if a solution is found it will be passed on to the remainder via this thread.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
@8797730705024671
Visitor

My Update is also not working. After trying to get the Update screen through the 'Start' and 'All Programs' menu it appears to have been completely re-moved form my laptop, also the icon that is usually in the bottom right hand corner has dissapeared. Any suggestions?

Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

We are waiting to hear back from support on this. As soon as an answer is available it will be posted here - keep an eye on this thread....

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
ibrazam34
Visitor

I too have the same problem...waiting for more info:smileysad:

profile.country.SE.title
thhedlu
New

I have found that if i kill the update process and start it again AS ADMIN it updates the update program.

I guess that the programmers has forgotten to take this into account when doing the software for Win 7...

I had problems getting the Wireless LAN Driver (Atheros) - 9.2.0.427  to install through the autoupdate. Same issue there. Run as admin and the problem is gone...

goldbox
Visitor

I'm having exactly the same problem, its been like this for a couple of weeks now, it originally went to automatically update but then a  box came up to say it couldn't install probably due to anti-virus mcafee not being completely removed. But i've checked and double checked as i removed that last year and its all gone. Now intermitently when i'm on websites a box just keeps popping up to say VAIO 5 cant update etc etc, i've tried everything its suggested and checked forums etc but nothings working, its gettng ridiculous. ;(:smileysad:

Robert.Lee.Jones
Visitor

I am still not able to update Vaio update.  As suggested by another responder, I have tried updating as an Administrator (via right-clicking on the Vaio Updat icon under the Start button), but that did not work either.  I have spent many hours trying to resolve the problem.  Please let Sony know that the problem still exists.  Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Robert.Lee.Jones,

Sony Support are aware that the problem still exists and investigations are ongoing...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
PeterB65
Visitor

Please add my name to the list of users unable to update the update!