Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FE31M Start up problem

profile.country.en_IE.title
wikapee
Visitor

VGN-FE31M Start up problem

Hi folks, i'm having trouble with my VGN-FE31M. When i turn it on i get the black screen with Vaio lettering which normally then loads to login screen within a few seconds, however, for the past week it's been taking fifteen to twenty minutes to switch to login screen and sometimes when i do eventually get to log in the device can be slow. I would appreciate any help as there doesn't seem to be any driver update issues and I've also done all the usual stuff like defrag disks and got rid of large chunk memory usage such as music and photos.

Again, I'd appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi wikapee,

It could be several things causing the problem.  Have you installed any software or drivers recently or deleted any files or programs?

It sounds like Windows cannot find a program or file when it starts to load.  This could be a damaged file or, more likely, a file has been deleted but the Registry is taking time trying to find it.

You could see if you have a system restore point available just before the problem arose - but this often does not help.

As a first step, I would install and run a Registry Cleaning program which will delete all links to missing programs and try to find any missing associations.  Most of these well known programs have a 'free for 30 days' policy so it will not cost anything to give them a go.

I would recommend System Mechanic 9.5, you can download the free trial here: -:

http://www.iolo.com/system-mechanic/standard/download.aspx

Others are Tune-Up Utilities, or the totally free and recommended program Ccleaner.

Try this first and, if necessary, we can look for other solutions.

Good Luck

:wink: