Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FZ21S graphics card.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bunning
Visitor

VGN-FZ21S graphics card.

Hi every one,

My VGN-FZ21s started having screen problems over the last few months.  When I turn it on the screen is very difficult to read as all the black letters have a pink shadow, now it seems to be getting worse and sometimes the whole screen is bright pink with green lines where it should be white!  I have read that there is a problem with the Geoforce 8600m gs video card which will be replaced free on FZ21X vaios, do you know if this includes mine.  I will have had it four years in a week or so, so its important I get it sorted if I am covered.

How do I go about getting this free repair if I am covered?  Sorry if I am being gormless.

I hope you can help me.

Many thanks

Linda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Linda,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

How do I go about getting this free repair if I am covered? 

You can do this by either clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

For your information here is a link to the announcement that Sony made regarding the NVIDIA graphics processor

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Linda,

How do I go about getting this free repair if I am covered? 

You can do this by either clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

For your information here is a link to the announcement that Sony made regarding the NVIDIA graphics processor

profile.country.en_IE.title
tclover
Visitor

HI there i have a sony vaio vgn-fz21e and i am having the same problems my graphics card is not working  and i seen the link for this problem but i cant get trhew to the irish numbers and my vaio is 3 years old  i seen that the vgn-fz21* is in the list but theres no way to get in contact with them the o1 407 3040 is only for in waranty customers and the 1530501002 number doesnt work could someone help me with this 

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

theres no way to get in contact with them the o1 407 3040 is only for  in waranty customers and the 1530501002 number doesnt work could someone  help me with this

Hi tclover,

I've been informed that the problem with the telephone number has now been fixed..

If this is not the case please let me know..

scopears
Visitor

Hey thalamus,

You seem to be in the know. Basically I have the same problem with my vaio (that is crazy lines and text, and is within faulty batch), except that it is intermittent. I called vaio today and the guy on the phone said 'turn it off turn it on, can you see the problem now' and I said 'no, its intermittent', and he then said 'if we cant see it, we wont fix it'. The problem is currently plaguing my screen. I have print screened it twice do you think that is sufficient evidence? is there any code/ serial no I could get up on my computer to prove that my claim is authentic/ is that necessary? I appreciate your time in this matter.

Yours sincerely

Scott

(p.s I have attached one of the images)

Mitchx2011
Visitor

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10466317

I called Sony and they are collecting my machine and promised to fix the machine and return it in 5 days.

Very good service from the customer service personwho arranged the collection.

Called a 0870 number got through to customer services advised them of the fault and it was booked to be collected.

Lets wait and see how it comes back (repaired and resolved).

Thanks

Mitchx2011
Visitor

Call them to have it collecteted and repaired.

If people chose with their feet and stop buying viaos becasue of the poor service Sony will not be happy it did not provide a good service to it's customers.

I called and they are collecting it to have my machine repaired.

Will wait and see what they come back with.