Join now - be part of our community!

VPC-Z12-C5E Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 - no network drivers

profile.country.en_GB.title
Tiiazllm
Visitor

VPC-Z12-C5E Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 - no network drivers

VPC-Z12-C5E - working fine using default Sony Win7 x64 pre-install & drivers

Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 installs fine, but none of the onboard network adapters are correctly recognised. In addition, no USB wireless adapters work either, even if their drivers are installed correctly.

No amount of using Win7 x64 drivers, drivers from Sony Support site, Intel Support site or other have worked so far. LAN Driver always fails to install, and Device Manager contains list of malfunctioning devices.

Has anyone else with a VPC-Z12 (not a Z11 - I've seen many posts with older VPC-Zxx Vaios working, not interested in them) got Windows Server 2008 (R2) network to operate using the onboard devices ?

I have already tried all obvious re-installs of drivers, using both MSI and inf install routes. I have checked Hardware ID's within driver infs to confirm that they should work. I have latest BIOS installed.

Many thanks

edit:update: The Centrino WL6200 WLAN was recognised, but Win2k8 disables the Wireless LAN Service (Feature) by default, and of course File Services (Role) if you want to share files.

Message was edited by: Tiiazllm

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.de_DE.title
ANeubert
Visitor

I have the same problem. I only got my WLAN to run. Do you now have a solution for the network drivers?

Greets, Andre

profile.country.en_GB.title
Tiiazllm
Visitor

Hi Andre,

I finally got wired to work, by using an alternate driver, by telling windows to 'show incompatible devices' from the selection box. I can't remember if I used the inbuilt driver, or one from the Sony/Intel driver file, but I installed the driver of the Intel 82578DM card, dated 23/09/09, v11.2.19.0

This has worked perfectly without any kind of issue since.

I hope that this helps

Cheers

profile.country.de_DE.title
ANeubert
Visitor

Many thanks for the fast reply, this worked perfectly for me. I have chosen the built-in driver and ignored the warning that the driver may not be for this device.

Best regards,

Andre