Join now - be part of our community!

where's my intel wireless display?

profile.country.fr_FR.title
nclark
Visitor

where's my intel wireless display?

I have a brand new Vaio S13 that I bought specifically because I thought it came with Intel Wireless  Display. So here I am trying to set up video streaming to my TV and my Netgear Push2TV tells me to search the start menu for Intel Wireless Display and it's not there. Have I just been had? Is it there and I'm just not finding it?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Exactly which model have you bought?

I must admit that I have not seen this feature on European Vaios - where did you see that your Vaio supports WiDi?

It looks like some American VPCEA36 and VPCEB36 models do support WiDi.

Has your model got ONE of the following: Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6200, Intel® Centrino®  Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250, Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300?

Has your model got BOTH Intel® My WiFi Technology and Intel Wireless Display  pre-installed and enabled?

:thinking:

profile.country.fr_FR.title
nclark
Visitor

I researched online and found that the S-series were all supposedly pre-loaded with Intel Wireless Display. I then went to the Sony store in central Paris and the salesman confirmed that all the S-series had it. Purchase had to be made online from the UK, however, to get an English qwerty keyboard. Anyway, the machine, a VPC S13v9e, appears not to have it. I never saw any info saying S-series in Europe didn't have this, but I'm pretty PO'd since this was a key selling point for me.