Join now - be part of our community!

Problems after Android 10 Update Xperia XZ3

Slosen
Visitor

Problems after Android 10 Update Xperia XZ3

I have huge and several problems with my phone (XZ3) after the latest Android 10 update.

-Lag, delay and slow working apps. Also between switching and opening apps.

-closing apps by itself

- clock and alarm is not working right. After sliding "turn off" it still starts ringing again.

Is there any solution to fix these problems? 

45 REPLIES 45
Shapoor
Visitor

It seems like updates are rolling. But i havent recieved any until this moment. Mine is 9493 variant of xz3

Slow fingerprint sensor

Problems with camera, loud speaker, alarm

Frequent unwanted screen wake ups

Battery draining fast

Auto closing apps

The whole phone is laggy which makes it unusable in all apps. This is new, i didnt have this problem in none of my sony phones, its like using samsungs and huaweis.

I have waited too long  from the first day of android 10 till now but still no update.

Those  of you who have recieved the update, are you satisfied? Are the problems mentioned gone? Looking forward to your replies

R10
Visitor

I have the same problem. How can be solved?? Reset does it helps? 

@Hitman123 wrote:

Yes hdr on YouTube does not work corecctly. See autorotate, you can See between changes

Spellbtd
Visitor

Same issues here. I was so happy but now i have a laggy phone with a very fast draining battery. I tried stamina mode from 100% battery but even though i saw a change in battery life, rhe phone became even more laggy. Sound issues, slow in changing apps etc. Hope sony will fix those issues in a future update.

Striky1
Visitor

Nor does Google pay work. The menu item "Settings> Apps & notifications> Default apps> Tap & pay" is missing. Flagship and cannot be paid by mobile. nonsense

R10
Visitor

I tried software repair through Xperia companion and it works HDR is working again yeahh! 

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

I had done the software repair and that seemed to work but my xz3 seemed to get worse and worse - slow browsing, phone unresponsive, slow to draw icons on screen etc. . I deleted a few apps which maybe helped. I tried safe mode and the phone was fine - went through the apps and disabled all 4 pre installed Facebook apps.  Suddenly its like a new phone - though it's a pity they can't be deleted as they appear to be the source of issues post android 10 upgrade