Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z2 headphone jack in phone doesnt work

ThatUglyKid
Visitor

Xperia Z2 headphone jack in phone doesnt work

I have a problem with my xperia Z2 headphone jack and this is the second time its happened. First time it did I changed the Text-to-speech output from Google to Pico TTS and it went back to functioning as normal. No that it has happened again, i've tried to switch back to Google and then back again to Pico TTS but still won't work. I've tried clearing the smart connect data, still won't work. Reset the phone, no change either. I've had the phone for 4 months now, never used it in water so I don't understand why the headphone jack is not working. The headphones work when I plug them in another device. Any help on this?

28 REPLIES 28
andersmollmark
Visitor

I have experienced the same problem that my headphones stopped working. If i restart the phone everything works as normal but after a while the headphones stop working again. I tried to go through my running apps och stop one at a time until the headphones work again and it was a success! In my case it was whatsapp that caused the problem.

Good luck!

Creme_06
Visitor

I have the same problem for my z2, first ive tried to use my noise cancelling earphones in just 1 week then after that it started to stop working NC didnt recognise, even other earphone. I thought i lve got a nice perfect phone for me now but
.. Please is there anybody who can help or give a good info. Thanks
ThatUglyKid
Visitor

Try this:
Settings>language and input>speech>text-to-speech output and select Pico TTS.

I played around with it, kept restarting my phone and trying this option. Took like 2 weeks then suddenly my earphones were working again. I don't know what was the issue. Hope this helps
jamessharpdrums
Visitor

I have the same problem. It was repaired by Sony 4 weeks ago, and is now faulty again.
Definite hardware fault in my case. Disappointing.
TheProLemon
Visitor

How do you do that?
ThatUglyKid
Visitor

@TheProLemon what exactly?
BigDan3000
Visitor

I have also been having this issue with the headphones not being detected by my xperia z2, and this as occured mant times. Everytime I plug the headphones in there will be no response. I tried everything from text to speech, to restoring factory settings, restarting the phone, and also trouble shooting. The only option that worked for me was to place my phone in water (as we all know it is waterproof with the flap on) in order to get all the dust and dirt out of the jack. Works perfect as on most occassions the fault occurs probably because of dirt within the jack. I hope this helps but dunk the phone in water at your own peril!

Gero11
Visitor

In my case the problem was dirt in the jack. I just introduced and thin stick and tried to clean it. After this everything worked.

ambermarie43560
Visitor

My Xperia will only recognize some headphones, not all. There is a free app in play store that allows me to use any headphones. - SOUNDABOUT
Psychedelic420
Visitor

I experience this problem today, After I wash the audio jack of my xperiaz2 I'm so happy it started working again. I was desperate so I tried washing it and it was like magic