Join now - be part of our community!

Cybershot DSC HX90

SOLVED

Cybershot DSC HX90

I have recently purchased the above product after previously using the DSC W270 & DSC HX50.  They were both excellant when recording pop concert footage both indoor & outdoor.  Recently I recorded both an indoor & outdoor gig and the problem I have with the HX90 is that the audio is both tinny & distorted which I never had with the first two cameras.  I have recorded using the AVCHD and 50i 24M (FX) settings.

Do you think it is a "settings" issue or could it be a fault with the camera?

Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

I do not have a HX90 to compare to, but just like you, I would expect the sound to be the same or better. Maybe you can record a movie sample from a different HX90 in store and compare?

Is the sound normal if you for instance speak to someone while holding the camera? 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

I do not have a HX90 to compare to, but just like you, I would expect the sound to be the same or better. Maybe you can record a movie sample from a different HX90 in store and compare?

Is the sound normal if you for instance speak to someone while holding the camera? 

Portmixus, thank you very much for your reply.  I may try this at the next gig I attend