Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-HX100v Won't power on

gshuk2001
New

DSC-HX100v Won't power on

Help!

My camera was taking photos without problem & the battery still had some charge remaining. I plugged it into the mains electricty supply the day after the last photo had been taken, to top up the battery ready for all day use(using the official Sony supplied adapter & battery) & the charging lamp illuminated as normal. After approx 1 hour I noticed that the charging lamp had gone out. Assuming this meant the battery was now charged, disconnected from the mains & tried to turn it on to view photos previously taken. At this point nothing happened & the camera wouldn't turn on. Also it wouldn't power on to take a photo. The camera won't power on with the charger connected either. There's no response at all.

Any ideas please?      

3 REPLIES 3
Nykolai

Me too... after 3 years exactly my camera has suddenly turned off forever!!! Propably it has an expiration date...

I had the same problem with my previous camera, a Sony Cybershot H-50.

Do you fix it?

RSamTobs
New

I also have the Same problem. Is it not solvable? Please respond.

Nykolai

I didn't solve the problem about my DSC-HX100V so I have bought the next model, the DSC-HX400V. But I have a new problem about it (after a year of use, the stabiliser at high zoom doesn't work), so maybe it's time to choose different company model. Maybe my next camera will be a NIKON model!