profile.country.en_GB.title
BroughamUK
New

PMB - Launcher - .Not recognising internal discs

Hello,

Computer - HP 6735S

OS - XP Pro

Camera - DSC-HX9V

Sony PMB version - 5.8.02 - updated today 15th April 2012.

PMB itself seems to work fine. However,  Launcher will not recognise my internal disks. I have followed the instructions to update my disc drivers  (AMD SATA AHCI Controller & AMD SATA AHCI Controller Console). I am told via Windows Updater that I have the latest installed (A bit surprising as the computer is about three years old and I haven't updated them previously to my knowledge)

Launcher will recognise an SD card that I plug in, the AVCHD files on the SD card can be viewed via  Launcher.

I've googled for information but cannot find.

I'd be very grateful for information on how to get Launcher to be able to recognise my laptop internal discs.

Kind regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

VLC has always been my favourite piece of software for viewing video due to the huge variety of formats that it supports - therefore I am glad that you have made some progress with this.

I have seen other users online who are having the same issue with thumbnails and one piece of advice I have read is that SMPlayer is more capable of displaying these for videos. The software is available here:

http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/downloads.php?tr_lang=en/

I have not tried this before and therefore can't say whether or not it will display thumbnails - however it may be worth a try.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello BroughamUK :slight_smile:

I know that this isn't a solution as such, but as I cannot really suggest why PMB (indeed the latest version) cannot access these internal discs, I would probably recommend that you look into using an alternative piece of software. One example of this is Picasa (there are a multitude of other similar programs available) which is excellent for viewing photo files and you can always access video data using Windows Explorer itself. From what I have seen on the forums, PMB can be a little temperamental sometimes and it may be better in the long run to look into an alternative.

Thanks,

Simon

BroughamUK
New

Dear Simon,

Many thanks for your response. It's a pity as I haven't found anything else with which to view the videos. Windows Media Player can't and VLC would not display an image as a thumbnail and did not give a quality display whilst showing the video. PMB does do a good job of displaying the clips on my sd card - so it's a shame that it can't see the internal drives.

As to making up finished videos, Sony Vegas Movie Studio will be ok - but it's just that I'm missing the ability to be able view clips full screen on my laptop.

PMB does load all my hard drive still images on start up - it's the Launcher which will not recognise the drives when looking to launch 'player for AVCHD' files.

Any other suggestions for video players for me to try?

Many thanks.

Neil.

---------

Update

Just had a further play with VLC Media Player. Altering the Interlacing in Tools/Preferences/Video to automatic, significantly improves the display. Still no thumbnail but I t hink I can live with this.

Neil.

Message was edited by: BroughamUK

Message was edited by: BroughamUK

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

VLC has always been my favourite piece of software for viewing video due to the huge variety of formats that it supports - therefore I am glad that you have made some progress with this.

I have seen other users online who are having the same issue with thumbnails and one piece of advice I have read is that SMPlayer is more capable of displaying these for videos. The software is available here:

http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/downloads.php?tr_lang=en/

I have not tried this before and therefore can't say whether or not it will display thumbnails - however it may be worth a try.

Thanks,

Simon

DavidWGHarris
Explorer

Hi, I have recently replaced the hard disc in a sony vaio VGN-AR51J for which I do not have the original DVD distribution kit. The bios does not recognise the disc, neither is it possible to change the HDD bios info. Can someone please give me an idea how to reload Vista.

Regards

David