Join now - be part of our community!

DSC_HX5V Latitude and Longitude display

profile.country.GB.title
antonb51
Explorer

DSC_HX5V Latitude and Longitude display

Hi all, hope someone can help me. The GPS function on my DSC-HX5V works fine, and accurately geotags all my photos. I also automatically update the GPS assist data every time I connect to my PC via PlayMemories.

What I can't work out how to do is display the current Latitude and Longitude on the camera screen, as indicated on page 17 of the DSC-HX5V Handbook (3rd from bottom):

DSC5V_p17_display.jpg

How do I get the camera to display this info? Thanks for any help you can suggest,

anton

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Pumpkin_Duke

Hi Anton,

Think you have to do the following:

20-08-2015 07-05-01.jpg

Cheers

PD

profile.country.GB.title
antonb51
Explorer

Hi PD,

Many thanks for the reply, which makes perfect sense. Only problem is, the GPS (Position Information) option you describe isn't shown in the camera's MENU list, either at the top level, or within the Settings section. Nor is it listed in the MENU top level options shown on page 11 of the Handbook:

DSC5V_p11_menu.jpg

... or in the Settings section on page 13:

DSC5V_p13_menu.jpg

Yet the option to display Lat & Long is shown on page 17 (see pic in my original post), with no explanation of how to access it! I've explored every menu on the camera, and there's no Position Information option anywhere.

Could this be a firmware issue? Or is the Handbook correct on pages 11 &13, while wrong on page 17?

cheers, anton