Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 III (XQ-BC52) loses reception and mobile internet

SOLVED
profile.country.DE.title
Lonex88

Xperia 1 III (XQ-BC52) loses reception and mobile internet

Hello,

Since a few days (shortly after the latest firmware update 61.2.A.0.410) my Xperia 1 III (XQ-BC52) loses again and again the reception and also has no mobile internet. The sim card is only recognized after a reboot and then everything works again for a short time.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Is the error known?

My English is not so good and I used DeepL to translate.

Thanks in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
Lonex88

I probably found a solution :slight_smile:

There is an app from Google called Carrier Services - this was also updated a few days ago. Yesterday I cleared the cache and the data of the app, restarted the phone and as it looks I have now again permanent reception and mobile internet.

View solution in original post

profile.country.DE.title
Lonex88

It looks like the new Firmware 61.2.A.0.418 fixed it for me. 2 days without issues so far :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
Lonex88

I probably found a solution :slight_smile:

There is an app from Google called Carrier Services - this was also updated a few days ago. Yesterday I cleared the cache and the data of the app, restarted the phone and as it looks I have now again permanent reception and mobile internet.

profile.country.DE.title
Lonex88

Unfortunately it did not help after all 😞

Piscie
Community Team

Hello @Lonex88, firstly, you need to double check if the SIM card works with other phones or not to avoid any unnecessary troubleshooting steps. Otherwise, you can try different SIM card on the same Xperia 1 III and check.

If you're still facing the same issue, try to enable the safe mode and check if the issue remains or not. The safe mode will disable all the downloaded apps so you can confirm if there was an app affecting the device negatively or not

I also came across this link: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets/articles/00255266

profile.country.DE.title
Lonex88

It looks like the new Firmware 61.2.A.0.418 fixed it for me. 2 days without issues so far :slight_smile: