Join now - be part of our community!

Touchscreen issues

Nm10
Visitor

Touchscreen issues

Update: My local store took the phone back. Sony did not want to help me ! The problem remains unsolved.

I have a touchscreen issue with my device, and could not find a solution in forums yet.

The phone works generally fine, everything is fast and apps dont crash. But the phone does have its 5 minutes every few hours, which make it unusable.

The touchinput freezes randomly, but all the buttons, including doublepress for camera still work. Even youtube and Netflix videos keep playing without any restrictions.

The touchscreen is usually back after turning the screen off and on again at least once (no device restart required)

The issue usually appears in bulk, meaning that it freezes multiple times within minutes but can also not appear for hour.

Is this issue known to anyone ?

Summary:

Touchscreen doesnt work at times

Buttons still work

Turning screen on off fixes it

Apears in Bulks

https://youtu.be/2F77aSZI4J4

46 REPLIES 46
Alf1eboy
Visitor

HELLO SONY!!!!! 

THIS IS A BRAND NEW PHONE, WHERE IS THE SUPPORT???? 

Alf1eboy
Visitor

Sort this out now

ZEDHEAD23
Visitor

I am having the same issue with my Sony Xperia 10" I feel like throwing it against a wall, it is frustrating. 

profile.country.de_DE.title
PChristensen
Visitor

I got the same problem. Couldn't find a way to make my phone work flawlessly again. I always need to hit the power on/off button and most of the time it works, but sometimes I need to restart the phone.

Is there any official statement on this problem?

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Hey,

This stall, is it after picking up the phone?

I mean, a startup problem?

Or does it happen in full duty.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

@pattiandy 

Reading your post I guess the best option is to perform a software repair with Xperia Companion.

Doing so the drivers will be loaded by the program (I suppose)

Goto main menu of this forum, choose information, choose FAQ to find software repair.

Other way of approaching is the Support app, tap user guide, tap support overview and you'll find it there.

profile.country.de_DE.title
PChristensen
Visitor

It's not a startup problem. One is using the phone absolutely normal and all of its sudden the touchscreen won't work anymore until it's turned off and on again manually by pressing the on/off button.

Oqawi
Visitor

So I got the Sony Xperia 10 plus about 2 months ago and for the past couple of weeks I've been having an issue where the touch screen stops responding but if I lock and unlock the phone it starts working agian. I took the phone to best buy where I got it from and they asked me to contact Sony. Not sure what is causing this I tend to not drop my phone often,i wasn't exposed to water just a little bit of splash. 

pattiandy
Visitor

Except for unlocked bootloader

CodePhoenix
Visitor

My phone has been doing the same thing for the past few weeks, but its getting worse each day. Might be an issue with the screen and not software. I'm able to rotate the phone and the screen changes accordingly, but the touchscreen still remains unresponsive. I really hope sony provides a fix soon.