Join now - be part of our community!

Touchscreen issues

Nm10
Visitor

Touchscreen issues

Update: My local store took the phone back. Sony did not want to help me ! The problem remains unsolved.

I have a touchscreen issue with my device, and could not find a solution in forums yet.

The phone works generally fine, everything is fast and apps dont crash. But the phone does have its 5 minutes every few hours, which make it unusable.

The touchinput freezes randomly, but all the buttons, including doublepress for camera still work. Even youtube and Netflix videos keep playing without any restrictions.

The touchscreen is usually back after turning the screen off and on again at least once (no device restart required)

The issue usually appears in bulk, meaning that it freezes multiple times within minutes but can also not appear for hour.

Is this issue known to anyone ?

Summary:

Touchscreen doesnt work at times

Buttons still work

Turning screen on off fixes it

Apears in Bulks

https://youtu.be/2F77aSZI4J4

46 REPLIES 46
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

It seems this is a real annoying problem touching many users.

Let me guess.

Sony is aware.

Sony will tackle this problem in a forthcoming update.

Hopefully the next update.

Northernnez
Visitor

Same issue with me, it's been happening the past couple of weeks. The phone is less than 50 days old. 2 year contract on it so incredibly annoying!

BPS0203
Visitor

Really need to fix!!! 

Willie333b
Visitor

Rip dude this phone is FREAKING lame, bought it like 4 months ago. Now? When I play arena of valor, the touch screen becomes unresponsive every 10 seconds, if running other apps it becomes unresponsive every 10 minutes. What can I do to solve the software problem? F*ck you sony

VRakovic
Visitor

UPDATE: I was experimenting with settings trying to figure if this is software or hardware issue. It seems that problem is, at least temporary, solved. 

Settings - display - advanced - backlight - uncheck "prevent accidental operations..." 

After i turned this off, touchscreen started working perfectly. It was 2 days ago so I hope it will remain solved. 

Willie333b
Visitor

THANKS

Now it's back to regularly freezing, it doesn't work

VRakovic
Visitor

Yep, same for me. It worked flawlessly for 4-5 days, then same old problems appeared. I think i will just ask for refund, this is unbearable.

MarcoGIC
Visitor

Same problem, but my phone work fine until a new software update. I don't know what i had before, but now is update to 53.0.A.8.71-R3A and touchscreen work as you all - 10 second death / 1-2 minute work and respond to ON/OFF screen. I really like see some relevant reply from SONY what next. 

I try to factory reset, Software repair from PCComp. , every setting change, uninstal AVG protection and many more, but still do same 

Jacques311
Visitor

I actually took insurance on the phone have really been thinking to brake the screen and have it replaced. And then check if the problem is gone or not. 3 friends om mine same phone same problem. This is pathetic from sony

Danie2
Visitor

On some apps my touch screen stops working or is slow reacting