Join now - be part of our community!

Touchscreen issues

Nm10
Visitor

Touchscreen issues

Update: My local store took the phone back. Sony did not want to help me ! The problem remains unsolved.

I have a touchscreen issue with my device, and could not find a solution in forums yet.

The phone works generally fine, everything is fast and apps dont crash. But the phone does have its 5 minutes every few hours, which make it unusable.

The touchinput freezes randomly, but all the buttons, including doublepress for camera still work. Even youtube and Netflix videos keep playing without any restrictions.

The touchscreen is usually back after turning the screen off and on again at least once (no device restart required)

The issue usually appears in bulk, meaning that it freezes multiple times within minutes but can also not appear for hour.

Is this issue known to anyone ?

Summary:

Touchscreen doesnt work at times

Buttons still work

Turning screen on off fixes it

Apears in Bulks

https://youtu.be/2F77aSZI4J4

46 REPLIES 46
CodePhoenix
Visitor

I figured out what was causing the issue. It is the AVG Protection for Xperia app. This consumes a lot of memory while running in the background, slowing down the phone causing the touchscreen to become unresponsive. Uninstalling it made my phone run like new again and I haven't ran into the issue again. The AVG Cleaner For Xperia app doesn't cause this issue so I recommend getting that.

Oqawi
Visitor

I don't have the AVG protection app on my xperia 10 plus but I still keep having this issue with the touchscreen. I've tried a few things in the developer options doesn't seem to help. It has gotten much worst after the recent update it's becoming really hard to use the phone. 

_Brian_
Visitor

Been having this same problem with my sony xperia 10.... Did a couple favtory resets already and the issue is still present. Really frustrating because I am passed the window to return the device. 

Alf1eboy
Visitor

The latest software update seemed to fix it, for a week! 😵

CodePhoenix
Visitor

Thought I got it fixed, but the problem came back. I want to say its a memory issue, but even when closing all of my apps and clearing the memory with cleaner apps, the phone would still freeze at random moments. Sometimes rotating the screen will give me a few seconds of functionality but its incredibly inconvenient and I wish Sony would do something about this already.

黃大熊
Visitor

同樣的問題,我的更頻繁,有時間隔幾秒就會再發生

The same problem, I am more frequent, sometimes it will happen again after a few seconds

gt

Jacques311
Visitor

Started having the same problem 3 days ago. Phone not even a month old. It has never fallen and has never got any water on it

a-mount4evr
Visitor

I'm having the same problem with my XZ2 Compact. Notice how there has been no response on here from the usual Sony people? This is unacceptable but the norm for Sony.

ibt
Visitor

Any updates on this issue?

I'm facing the same problem.

VRakovic
Visitor

Exact problem with my phone. It started after a month. Phone was bought brand new. It already was at servis, they formatted all data and re-installed OS, but that did not solve problem. Touch still freezes at random. I never used any phone except sony and sony-erricsson way back. Now i'm reconsidering.