Join now - be part of our community!

Touchscreen issues

Nm10
Visitor

Touchscreen issues

Update: My local store took the phone back. Sony did not want to help me ! The problem remains unsolved.

I have a touchscreen issue with my device, and could not find a solution in forums yet.

The phone works generally fine, everything is fast and apps dont crash. But the phone does have its 5 minutes every few hours, which make it unusable.

The touchinput freezes randomly, but all the buttons, including doublepress for camera still work. Even youtube and Netflix videos keep playing without any restrictions.

The touchscreen is usually back after turning the screen off and on again at least once (no device restart required)

The issue usually appears in bulk, meaning that it freezes multiple times within minutes but can also not appear for hour.

Is this issue known to anyone ?

Summary:

Touchscreen doesnt work at times

Buttons still work

Turning screen on off fixes it

Apears in Bulks

https://youtu.be/2F77aSZI4J4

46 REPLIES 46
Mickmac64
Visitor

Hi same here. 

I thought this was me being fussy but it appears im not on my own. 

ie: depending what screen your phone is on, it calls people on it's own, the phone tried to buy things on Amazon, it opens apps you didn't want to open and so on. Plus the screen freezing is getting annoying. Any ideas?

Or someone from Sony Reading this could you please reply out of pure courtesy. I have always boyght the Sony phones since it was just Ericsson. 

Mickmac64
Visitor

You will notice i sent the above message twice. Yes the phone took over during writing the message. 

ZEDHEAD23
Visitor

Hi, Mine had all the same issues bud was 9 months old, so I got in touch with ideal world who I got the phone from, I sent it to Sony who fixed the problem, so it can be fixed. It is still OK now w months after. 

BPS0203
Visitor

This terrible dumb screen is very enraging !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Busby0597
Visitor

I've been having the same problem for months now. They say they cannot find any issues with it. This is my second xperia 10 my first could find a signal at all so they replaced it as they didn't know how to fix it. Now a few months ago the second one started playing up and it's getting worse. Every day I'm having issues sometimes to the point my phone takes over and random things get clicked on. The only way to stop it is constantly locking and unlocking the screen. Worst phone I've had by far. 

CodePhoenix
Visitor

Almost a year in with this phone and yes I still have the issue. It disappears for a few days but comes back. Honestly I should have returned the phone when I had the chance.

One solution that does help a lot is deleting the Sony Configuration Extension app that comes preinstalled. It looks outdated and is probably causing most of the UI issues on the phone. The problem only rarely shows up now.

But yeah after this experience, I can't recommend getting a Sony phone now.

saltyhush
New

I know it is already 2021 and by this moment you may have gotten rid of your phones, but  to anyone still having issues, try turning off adaptive brightness if you have it turned on.
I have stumbled upon this post on androidcentral and it seems to me that adaptive brightness indeed was the culprit of my issues.