Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 10 Plus Unsupported SD card

profile.country.PL.title
MickeyPlus

Xperia 10 Plus Unsupported SD card

Xperia 10 Plus Unsupported SD car After updating to android 10, the phone stopped seeing cards above 8gb. After inserting a 32 / 64gb card, it displays the notification Media SD card not supported. After entering the settings, the formatting is 20%, shortly after starting it displays a message about the formatting completed, but the notification still occurs and the cards do not work. Any ideas?

34 REPLIES 34
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @MickeyPlus,

which brand/type/size are the cards exactly. Where did you buy them.

Did they work with full capacity before the phone was updated to the newer Android version?

- Nic

profile.country.PL.title
MickeyPlus

One 32gb card is samsung. The second 64 gb bought on aliexpress. Both cards worked before the upgrade. I will add that the cards work in other devices. The phone sees the 4GB card no name normally

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @MickeyPlus,

there are many how-tos online on how to check whether a card is counterfeit or not - would you be so kind to check both cards?

Maybe with Android 10 some sort of detection was implemented in order to save yourself from data loss if a card is smaller than the label says.

- Nic

profile.country.PL.title
MickeyPlus

The aliexpress card has 58gb actual size. Samsung card bought in network 29. You may be right with the implementation of memory protection. I formatted both cards in different ways, but each time the phone displays a notification about an Unsupported card and tries to format it. The cleaning process is 20% off. After a short time, it displays a message that the format has finished successfully and the device is ready for use, but this is not the case and the smartphone still does not support cards. Does it affect the type of sdhc card. Normal SD is visible to the device

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @MickeyPlus,

that the space shows lower is to be expected, since cards are always sold with their Gigabyte value printed on the package, while devices read the Gibibyte value.

64 Gigabyte should equal 59.5 Gibibyte and 32 Gigabyte should equal 29.8 Gibibyte.

Though that is not what I asked. Some cards are "fake" in that they are manipulated to "tell" the device they have much more space on them than they really have. Such fake cards are usually 4GB cards since they are the cheapest to produce.

I would suggest to purchase a 64GB SDXC card with a UHS-1 or V30 rating from an electronics store you trust and see if that resolves your issue OR test the cards you have via one of the many how tos you can find online on how to check whether or not your card is fake.

- Nic

profile.country.PL.title
MickeyPlus

Cards work in other devices and in another 10 Plus model with Android 9. Probably android 10 has damaged something. I have to wait for the update

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

What colour is the side of the card? Along its edge.

Myself I would check the card using H2testw and run a full capacity check.

AliExpress Samsung cards are approx 75% fakes

profile.country.GB.title
Johnwbt1
Explorer

Hi Micky

I have exactly the same problem after doing the upgrade on Friday..

Got 64gb sandisk extreme card

Works fine in laptop

Tried different sd card and for exactly the same replies as you...

Got the 20 percent crap also..

It did actually recognise the card for a while, just by magic, but then lost it again when re booted..

So they'd nothing wrong with your and mine cards. As the other guy intimated.

I had a similar problem with the sd card not working when i updated a chorus M2 many years ago.

Don't rolled out a patch fairly soon

I was glad, sorry, to see i wasn't the only one with the problem.

You can take comfort in that.

I'm leaving my card out for the moment

Got all photos backed up to clouds.

I also get the maintenance symbol when i dish on the phone

So Def something not right.

Someone said about clearing partition cashe on the web, not i don't know how to access the maintenance menu from start up

Used to be power button plus volume plus together, but that don't work either

Any clues on that?

Thanks

profile.country.RU.title
kroyff14
Explorer

На днях мой смартфон Xperia 10 Plus обновился до 10 андроида (куплен в мае 2019 года)

Появилась проблема, а именно смартфон перестал видеть micro-sd карту (в телефоне стояла карта на 128 Гб).

Испробовал все варианты, которые мне советовали проделать в чате поддержки SONY, а также связывался я и по телефону – ничего не помогло.

Попробовал сам найти проблему.

Поставил карту на 64 Гб, тоже телефон ее не видит, поставил карту на 16 Гб  😉 «ура, заработало» 😉 - но…..памяти конечно малова-то – это меня не устраивает.

Но выяснил вот что.

micro SD-карта:

Работает > Transcend 16GB micro SD HC > FAT32

micro SD-карта:

Не работает > Transcend 64GB micro SD XC > exFAT

SONY 128GB micro SD XC > exFAT

И еще, обе не работающие sd-карты в Xperia 10 Plus, прекрасно работают в других телефонах - Xperia M4 Aqua и Xperia Z1

Tags (1)