Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
Kevwoods12

I've got a 55x8509c and I'm not having any of the problems you guys seem to be having.  

Sure,  the missing features that are supposedly being brought in with updates that keep getting put back,  a pita. I'm sure they'll come eventually.  

To be quite honest, this is the best telly I've had picture wise. 

Just wanted to add a bit of balance.  

profile.country.GB.title
ZombieFried777

Yep I got the email asking for a review as well, I've said it before mine runs fine, does everything I want it to do, hence why I've turned my auto update off as I don't want it bricked until the I know the update is fine, as with the PlayStation updates it fixes something's and makes a mess of other things. The only difference in the TV updates I don't have to have them rammed down my throat if I want to use the TV.

scoopy6

I am still not sure what advantages 'android' might confer but general operation is slow to start and then sluggish, and the range of free apps turns out to be restricted and extremely limited e.g. I could find only two or three free games to install but they were v.poor cf. those on our two 3 year old F-series Samsungs (we accepted the a offer of a free Xbox controller but the free games tried did not need it). What is the point of the 'android' feature please?

49X8309C in uk
profile.country.BG.title
hristobojkov
Explorer

I can list other 3 issues with usability, which I need to deal with every day:

1. TV starts only by pressing green button on the remote. Been SONY owner for 25 years, changing many SONY TV's I have the habbit to press any program button to start the TV, so I aways have the feeling something is wrong and why it doas not start

2. Program Guide is not at SONY level at all:

(1) : it doesn't show the current channel I am watching. Imagine I am on chanel 222, if I open the guide, it shows channels from 1 to 8, why?

(2) : I cannot set the TV to switch the channel when something stars, In the menu there is no schedule option

3. Setting the off-timer, TV to go off when I wish go to sleep. To go to that menu you need to do atleast 10 clicks, so if I feel tired and asleep until I set it - I start to feel awakened. There should be easier way to do this like ever, like in all other SONY models.

Dark-vash
Explorer

Hi, after searching for an issue i'm having with my android TV I decided to report it here and see if anyone has the same problem.

I have bought a KDL43W808c recently and i'm still configuring the device as I need the functions.

Yesterday I came across a issue with the ARC option.

So I have a A/V Reiceiver (Yamaha rx-v371) and decided to activade ARC so I could play youtube/Kodi videos with the audio from my receiver. So control is ON and ARC is ON. And it works without issues.

So I shut down the TV (standby) it shuts the Receiver, so far so good.

When turning on the TV, it powers the receiver, changes the source on the AV (to the ARC source), and it loads automaticly the youtube app but shows an error.

Even if the source is another input, let's say, I was playing PS4 though the receiver (HDMI4/ARC), after powering On from standby it goes again to the Youtube App.

Is anyone having the same issue when configuring ARC ?

cozzykim

@Dark-vash

See page 105 :wink:

scoopy6
scoopy6

...and re. better games,: store> 'action for gamepads'

49X8309C in uk
Tags (1)
Danny.Nilsson
Explorer

I also tried some performance tests with games and other software. and i admit its my slowest android device i ever tried. Asphalt with lowest details lag insane. but i think it could be the cause of everything scales to 4K and for that everything need alot more power. tried some emulators that also run terrible, so dont expect much from the processor.

Ezhan1

Android interface runs on FHD. I saw it in some settingd or in AIDA64.