Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
anjenki75

Lip sync: yes I have this problem, both with internal player apps and external HDMI inputs. If you have an AV receiver you can try its audio delay settings (if it has them) but the problem for me is that the TV sends the audio too late so the AVR can't help.

Reading the release notes for the US firmware update, it apparently helps with lip sync issues. Until then, you can try Kodi. Kodi has its own audio synchronisation options (which can go in both directions) so you can use that to compensate.

haberdavid

Hi

Regarding your respond abut the lip sink.

I tried to use kodi , buy the picture quality when i am playing videos with kodi is not good as mx player, and it doesnt play them so clear. there is a little stucks. i am playing the movie with external hdd connected to the usb on the tv.

David

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

Have you tried the Archos app? That also has a bunch of features as well as being able to do sync both ways! 

profile.country.GB.title
psp888

First day of Autumn today SUMMER IS OVER!!!

stoolzo

indeed, I think we all need to start spamming Sony facebook, they are taking the ***** now.

anjenki75

Regarding lip sync. I received this today:

"Dear Mr XXXXX

Thank you for your recent email.

In regards to your enquiry, kindly be advise that there should be a software update will be release by the end of this month, to rectify the issue with the lip syncing.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email. 

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yours sincerely, 
Mokhtar
Sony customer support

Sony Europe Limited"

stoolzo

has anyone found a decent air mouse keyboard remote with google voice search capability yet, if so can you point me in the right direction, the peice of crap i got with me new tv is unusable.

DaM3k0n

Whats the problem people are having with the flick remote??  Yeah, ok, it is cheap looking, but I think it works great! 

DaM3k0n

@anjenki75 wrote:

Regarding lip sync. I received this today:

"Dear Mr XXXXX

Thank you for your recent email.

In regards to your enquiry, kindly be advise that there should be a software update will be release by the end of this month, to rectify the issue with the lip syncing.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email. 

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yours sincerely, 
Mokhtar
Sony customer support

Sony Europe Limited"

Anyone spot the get our clause??

Heckie

@stoolzo

The TV Side View app is great.