Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
elraouk

Personally think they should release a bug fix only update with no new features (HDD recording, YouView etc) unless those new features have been fully tested.

Restore faith they can fix issues with existing functionality before introducing new features which will no doubt have new bugs.

Dark-vash
Explorer

@chelmersteve

I'm having the same problem. 90% of the times it boots Youtube.

SingingDwarf

Looks like it is now delayed for another two weeks until 13th October.....

stoolzo

confirmed.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/article/73499

no mention of HDR for the X850 range... oh dear..

Twobins

Not good enough by any stretch of the imagination. What does the restricted Android profile mean? Will this enable 5.1 in Netflix?

mk1.golf.1983

Klausen77
Explorer

Hi,

I have the KD-49X8305C. Updated with the firmware from June. 

I experience several different issues.

Usbmgmservice stops every time the TV is booted. (I have only one USB device connect a wireless controller for Keyboard and Mouse)

Tvdotaction crashes (don't know what is does)

Often When I switch to HDMI 1 (Denon receiver) no picture shows, or the black top-bar does not disappear .
Only thing to resolve this is to restart the TV (holding down the power button)

I use an aerial antenna, and channels gets out of sync (picture and sound). Not often but annoying when it happens.

I also experience some other strange random things, which I contribute to memory leak or poor memory control.

Issues like missing PIP, Recording etc. I of course also have and I hope it will be in the next update. Same as slow in home menu.

But it should not all be bad. I am very happy with the picture and the overall look and feel of the TV.

profile.country.GB.title
Amberwick
Explorer

And in support of Mk1.Golf, I had an e-mail response to my daily queries today saying that

In regards to your query, please note that the software update with you view feature will be released in the upcoming 2-3 days.

Lets hope ....

dspencer999

So what's the concensus everyone?!

An update tomorrow as originally promised?

Delayed to mid-October?

Or end of year?!!!

Seriously considering sending mine back now, as like everyone else am not happy to hold on to something that may or may not be fixed to my satisfaction.

Going on http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/article/73499, it looks to me like an update is still coming tomorrow as 29th September still listed for Playstation Video, but it won't have all of the new features. But maybe it will fix the old ones?!

P.S. Have not been able to post on this forum for days, because it would not accept my password. Bizarre! Are they trying to restrict the number of negative posts perhaps?!

Twobins

I sent mine back last week but I have to say I do miss it. Picture quality was great and it was nice to be able to control youtube, netflix and kodi on the one platform. If they can sort the software out, I will buy again. If not, I'll wait for the 2016 models.