Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
apoc.reg
Explorer

Thanks for that - In general casting works fine from the BT sport app, youtube app from iphones or android tablets but its the Miracasting from a laptop running windows which wont work. Tried several some running windows 8 others windows 10 but not luck so far. Oh well!

gunit1978
Explorer

@apoc.reg wrote:

Thanks for that - In general casting works fine from the BT sport app, youtube app from iphones or android tablets but its the Miracasting from a laptop running windows which wont work. Tried several some running windows 8 others windows 10 but not luck so far. Oh well!

I have exactly that, all apps, phones and tablets cast perfect with no lag, last night I cast from chrome browser on my laptop and that played fine with a bit of judder and lag. The only one that hasnt worked has been selecting a file from a folder in a Win10 laptop, right clicking and selecting cast to device, just comes up with device error

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

@apoc.reg

Have you checked your network share settings for windows? I had a similar problem, I had to make sure that I gave permission to the Bravia to access my PC's. Now both WIN7 and WIN 10 can stream to the TV. 

apoc.reg
Explorer

Ah ok, interesting. Thanks I'll check when I'm home!

t1mmm9879
Explorer

Hi All,

Just noticed the support page for my w805c is now down on my iphone which contains update details.... could this be the beginning of the firmware update?!

DaM3k0n

@mr_robot wrote:

Still no sign of a UK update, there is however a US update that has been published today.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=XBR55X900C&LOC=3#/downloadTab

Anyone know what the impact of pushing a US update onto a EU model TV will do?  I dont actually use the terrestrial tuner, only Sky +

Probably void you warranty!  

Youd also think the TV would detect a foreign firmware and block it.....

^ You cant install it, the tv will tell you that the attached USB cant be
used for an update
t1mmm9879
Explorer

False alarm, still no update 😞

andrewsoong

The optimist in me would say they're timing the release to pair with the Google announcements starting at 5pm.

We all know that's never going to happen, of course, the pessimist in me says there will be no update today and it's been delayed until late next month.

Al_Charles

I will wait until 13th October. If nothing then I will return mine under SOGA.

i really don't think Sony care any longer.