Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
t1mmm9879
Explorer

Hey man,

Any chance you can feedback on what Sony say?

For the benefit of this forum! 

djadrianc

That's what I mean 3 phone upgrades in that short space 😊
--

Thanks Adrian

Sent from my Mobile
Jacobjacobi

@t1mmm9879 wrote:

Hey man,

Any chance you can feedback on what Sony say?

For the benefit of this forum! 

If that was to me.. then yeah, of course. If I really get a response. I'll let you know either way, as a lack of response is itself a useful bit of info.

willisonline
Explorer

Thanks for the words of caution, I did notice lip sync issued last night but thought it was my VM Tivo box, just paused it and started it again which resolved the issue. Problem for me is that 43 is the perfect size and I thought the LG looked a bit cheap so no other options.

cozzykim

@Jacobjacobi

Your point about lip sync problems over HDMI is interesting, as I have the lip sync problem, but not over HDMI

I mostly use a Humax FoxSat HDR over HDMI1 with ARC to a Sony HT-XT1 and don't have the sync problem at all.

It's also not a problem with my Toshiba DVD player.

Where I see the sync problem is with the built-in Netflix app, where it's pretty awful, and repeatable. It doesn't go away with soft or hard resets of the TV.

There's no sync problem with BBC iPlayer.

elraouk

We get sync issues both over hdmi (sky) and from plex. 
Should be collected tomorrow though, had hoped a release yesterday might save it... But no. 
Sony may have pushed another loyal customer over to samsung. 
willisonline
Explorer

Just a quick question on a totally different topic, how do you kow if the content is being upscaled to 4k or not?

profile.country.GB.title
psp888

support site still says 29th Sep for a load of features and Summer for Youview.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/more-features-coming-to-your-android-tv-soo...

willisonline
Explorer

Just clicked, they must mean 2016.... Never stipulated the year...

alfonzobonzo

FWIW I just emailed 

Dear Mr Londema, I will keep this short as I'm sure you are aware of the issues with 2015 bravia TVs.

I'm am now seriously considering returning this set to the shop where I purchased it. When will the functionality that was advertised be available, summer has passed, sept 29th has passed. 

It really is quite disgraceful that a product is sold when it clearly isn't ready to be shipped.

Regards