Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
elraouk

Was about to go out and order a Samsung, but have my reservations. 
Will hold fire another couple of days. 
profile.country.LT.title
otkostas
Explorer

...We aim to have this function available before 24th December. However, due to the technical complexity implementing this feature, the final release date(s) stipulated on our support site may be subject to change...

Doesn't it mean it could be NEVER?

@lesking70 wrote:

Has everyone seen this statement on the support page??? 

https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/android-tv-features/KD-55X8507C

Is this a result of our comments here?  

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

If only, SONY had just been this upfront and kept people informed from the start!

There is no denying with this very late response and gesture, that some bitterness has been sweetened (5.1 DD yes please) but if you are just lurking in the dark, reading and watching SONY, why not join us now, communicate, and continue to restore the faith?! 

I personally think, that as a result of this forum, and who knows, possibly other entities involvement have had a positive impact. PLEASE, keep the info coming, and get someone on here to relay it if possible!

I am not getting my hopes up to high yet, but, am smiling at the very least!

HairyFool

This statement is unacceptable:

"Due to its unique and complex ecosystem, bugs are inevitable."

No they are not inevitable if you only market the aspects that actually work. If you sell a product as having a feature then it should have it. USB recording should not appear anywhere in the product specification, Netflix should not have its own button on the remote. Only when they work should they be included.

Still annoyed because there is no mention of sorting the EPG but something is better than nothing because that is all we have had until now.

Rikachu
Explorer

Where is the mention of PiP/PaP?!?!

That was the one feature I was looking forward to most... needed the most - one of the reasons why I bought a 65" and not a 2nd TV.

cozzykim

@Rikachu

Me too, if it doesn't materialise, that's a very good reason for it going back

Mine will get returned then. I can't wait until the 24th of December to see if the had recording works with you view and allows pausing. My 90 days wont last until then

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

The mention of PiP/PaP is here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/article/73499

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Kel520

I'm sorry but i have never known of such ***** . Years ago when you brought a TV ....guess what ? It worked !

Least what you expected of it anyway.

These days your fooled into thinking  features/services are available as advertised only to find there on there way with an update ? By the time that arrives you now have a TV already 12mths 5yrs old and passed any warranty ???

I don't know ......maybe it's just me...and I need to move with the times !??

I got a new Panasonic back in 2009 there has been no updates of any sort till only a few weeks ago where they included iplayer ....wow big deal.. they'd been on about that for ages.There's buttons galore on the remote that promises you the world..... but still delivers **** all.

So I dont hold out much hope personally.

dabaldw48

Id like to think the 'apology'is a result of these comments and the constant emailing of the UK leadership of Sony, Communication is key.  Lets see what appears on 13th October - Im still sceptical!