Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GB.title
mickwileman
Explorer

I see you are thinking on the CX802B i mentioned earlier in these posts this is the one i went for great TV everything works as it should records to HDD Freeview Play Freetime etc etc,great picture has full back lit LED nice looking remotes i cant speak highly enough about it.

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

@Peter_S. (Peter)

Hello, 

Just wanted to know if you are going to be a frequent on here, keeping us posted and/or trying to liaise any info on SONY's behalf or even ours back to them? I see you have included some helpful links for us to keep checking back to, but that's something we have been doing for a while ourselves anyway!

This kind of suggests that you have "drew the short straw" as @andrewsoong jokes, but only because you have been asked to do so and appease the crowd.

Would be nice to know!

elraouk

Was looking at a Samsung 7000 at richer sounds, concern is more that I don't like it as opposed to it not working on a level the Sony has failed! 
So more the "change of mind, not completely satisfied" type offer from JL and Costco, and the 90 days without having to haggle for it. 
Was tempted by the Panasonic, but lack of plex bugs me, as the TV is very expensive as it is (similar to a lot of 55" models), another £40 for a raspberry pi won't break the bank but it's another wall wart, another network cable and another hdmi. 
Jacobjacobi

I just switched to the Samsung 7000 and have to say that it is better in every way than the Sony (except that maybe the Sony remote is easier to use in the dark - I wish they would all do the Xbox style light remote). 

Mine me was a low end 4K Sony and so this is a step up price wise, but the blacks are blacker and the contrast is deeper. 

Netflix 5.1 and Amazon. I can alter lip sync settings for each source individually (including native apps) and it is much more responsive. There is a slight issue where Netflix falls over on fast forward once in a while. Add to that the 3D gimic that my daughters love and it is a better choice all round. 

If you can, I would recommend switching. 

daknigh36
Explorer

I would say again - the Samsung JS8500 I got to replace the 55 X903 I had is a better TV overall - better OS, easier to use, nicer looking (I know - thats subjective) and easily a match picture quality wise. Have to say its a lot better than I was expecting.

byrhinso
Explorer

Can this TV pass through 5.1 via ARC or Optical. Reason I'm asking is that I got a Shield TV box and connecting it directly to the TV I can't seem to get 5.1 at all. Directly to my receiver I can but my receiver doesn't support HDCP 2.2 for Ultra HD Netflix on the Shield

profile.country.GB.title
Teknixjack
Explorer

I dont understand why you brought this to market to sell when there are so many bugs and it doesnt work!

I am in the process of trying to get SONY to give me a refund for the KD-55X9305C due to the fact it is not fit for purpose.

I am getting lip sync issues, slow buggy android os, sound issues, freezing os and its constantly resetting itself.

They are stalling and not responding to me.

I will never buy SONY again.

Triswillmott

Soon as you email him you'll be passed over to one of the top tier escalations guys and they'll do as much as they can to sort you out.
No point wasting time speaking to the idiots on the support line, they have no idea what they're doing half the time.

--

Email address removed

profile.country.GB.title
Teknixjack
Explorer

Thanks for the info 😃

keithkbrown
Explorer

We've just taken delivery of a 43inch w75c bravia television. It's connected via HDMI to a Virgin V+ cble box. The lipsysnckeeps going out making it unwatchable. Switching to digital tv and then back to the V+ box recifies the problem but it's not the answer. Is there a solution to this problem?

Keith Brown