Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GB.title
peterk_1
Explorer

@rsebre I've had issues with a pc and 4k monitor. Is your pc video output signal at 30Hz - HDMI max frequency. If it's set at 60Hz then the TV won't recognise the signal and won't let you change the display settings???. Does the tv have a DisplayPort socket to use 60Hz ( I gave up my research into a new Bravia when I discovered this thread.)

MikeLothian

HDMI 1.4 only supports 4K at 30Hz, I believe the TV has HDMI 2.0 ports I believe but you'd need a HDMI 2.0 cable and video card (which there are very few) to get 60Hz. I believe there are DisplayPort convertors that allow you to connect a video card with DP to a HDMI 2.0 port on a TV. Check Amazon they probably have them on there.

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

I have a i7 and 32GB of DDR4 Mem at 2100Mhz.

My mother board is also 4K native, no need for a video card and my i7 can play any game I've thrown at it so far.

I've set my PC's output to 4K, and I use only audioquest cables through out my rig and yes they are 2.0 standard.

I'm going to have to fiddle a bit to get it down to 30hz, but will respond with my findings.

I thanks you and give thou kudos.

If you'd like a Steam game, just let me know and I will award ye one.

I only brought this for a 4K screen and so far it's just been a plain mess.

Kind regards

Richard

Al_Charles

Your i7 and 32gb will do nothing,

4K gaming requires graphics power. Start thinking of 12gb Nvidia graphics cards, and if you going to do that, then a proper 4k monitor would be best. As stated 30hz is normal and totaly usless when gaming.

MikeLothian

Your motherboard might be 4K compatible but unless it has a HDMI 2.0 port then it won't be able to output at 60Hz. As far as I'm only aware of the nVidia 900 series having HDMI 2.0 ports. Even the latest Skylake processors don't have HDMI 2.0. Like I said if you've got a display port on your motherboard you should be able to get the cable I mentioned to connect to the TV

dabaldw48

I have just heard from the exec escalation team at Sony.  They say that this week they will announce the date of the infamous firmware update which is designed to fix the lip sync issues.   

So its a date for a date .....  Apparently not too far beyond the 13th October.

watch this space..

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

LOL so the 13th as stated second from the bottom here http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/article/73499 

is inaccurate?

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

Funny thing is if I connect an Imayma 40" 4K monitor it works in full 4K, none of this -1 setting rubbish

My motherboard is 4K native 2.0. My cables are 4K, 3D and Ethernet return.

Getting feed up with it too be honest.

Oh and my PC is a custom build that is totally silent and has no moving parts. :wink:

Glad I didnt go for the 5K IPS Model...

Kind regards

Richard

P.S. If you want a free steam game just let me know.

andrewsoong

I wonder if the firmware release date release date date will get delayed.

dabaldw48

It does say 'from' 13th October. Who knows but I got the impression it was about 2 weeks away from now., firm date they say posted later this week!

Sent from my iPad