Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
Jacobjacobi

I just spoke to Sony supporrt. They are aware of these issues and they will be fixed in the next release.

Of course when I ask them when the release for the lip sync issue will be, they advise that they don't have a date. I will be returning the TV as I can't risk the goodwill of the shop that I bought the TV from expiring.

I advise others to do the same.

elraouk

I wonder how many sync issues are worse when the source is 5.1 and the TV panics and has to process down to 2 channels? 
Not sure if that would explain the issues in plex as my server should be transcoding everything anyway, unless it is fooled into thinking plex for Android on an expensive tv should handle 5.1
Wonder how much they are relying on the 5.1 fix to sort sync? 
stoolzo

Survey results:

2015 Sony TV survey results (see my previous post)

I'll keep posting this if more people use it.
djadrianc

I've completed the survey.

I've noticed you've missed the 3D glasses sync issue which done people have
had
--

Thanks Adrian

Sent from my Mobile
stoolzo

you have to start coughing up money once you get over a certain number of questions, it was just somethign a threw together really, that all I could remember at the time.

plus i've had no issues myself with that and those who are are all using non Sony Glasses :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

because the TV upscales the picture to the resolution of the tv  3840x2160 simple as that

profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

Just like to add a note regarding lip sync issues, I have the 8509c, and expierianced some lypsync and PQ issues with my TV  I had connection thro' to TV via STR DN860. When  i turned off the upscailling from the amp, hey presto no issues. There are many articales  on the web regarding the problems with the processors conflicting with each other, and it is advised to turn off  upscailling from any other device.and let the TV deal with the upscailling Hope this helps  others, with this issue only

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

That's some interesting results. I did the survey earlier, so didn't see the last question, Android TV feels like an unfinished product.... 

I would have ticked that one too!

stoolzo
profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

getting a 404 on that link bud!

Working now!