Join now - be part of our community!

Android 7 Sony 2015 tv

profile.country.DK.title
Askinas
New

Android 7 Sony 2015 tv

Hi there. Is there eny new on when Android 7 will come to 2015 Sony tv 49” x83?

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

The thing I hate the most about Sony is how they screw people by making fake announcements (faster processor, Android Marshmallow and YouTube HDR for all 2016 models which turned out to be a lie), making announcements for which they fail to meet their deadlines by many months (like PVR integration in Android TVs, like Marshmallow and now Nougat for ATV1 models, like Dolby Vision) or removing features without any substitution (SideView app functionality, Opera TV Store a.s.o.) which they have actively been advertising when people bought the TV. I hate Sony for those very reasons alone and I want people to consider the way Sony is acting nowadays.

Next thing is how Sony does not treat software as part of the product which in my opinion is the most important aspect for the reasons I just mentioned. I believe that functionality clearly outweighs picture quality for a majority of the people.

As "technophile", I typically develop a relationship to most electronic devices that I own. I fail to develop one to my Sony TV. I don't think that other TVs are much better. The whole TV industry is pretty much in dire straits. But if basic things like Amazon Video and the integrated tuners keep failing so badly over the course of months and even years, then this is clearly a confession of failure.

I am just telling people what they can expect from a Sony. Still everybody has to decide for him- or herself whether those aspects play an essential role or whether others deliver what they are looking for.

If all you are looking for is the last percent in quality, then you might want to consider Sony, if you are looking for a truly integrated experience, then you should avoid Sony.