Join now - be part of our community!

BRAVIA ANDROID FIRMWARE UPDATE 10 DEC 2015

BRAVIA ANDROID FIRMWARE UPDATE 10 DEC 2015

Has anyone performed the firmware update for Android TVs which Sony announced on the 8th December 2015 and which they claim to have scheduled for release for the 10th December 2015?

It is meant to address the following reported issues:

• Responsiveness of the IR remote control
  • Occasional black screen while powering on the TV
  • Occasional black screen with sound when switching off the TV
  • TV rebooting during channel changing

1. Did it do what it was meant to?
  2. Did it cure anything else?
  3. Did it cause any new issues?
  4. How would you rate it 1= poor 5 = good

Here's the Link for those who may be unaware.... (opens in new tab)

Let us all know how you got on.

P.S.
If you're waiting for a real spec upgrade to get somewhere close to what you may have expected when you bought your set, the first sign of that is now pushed out to 31st March 2013.

HAPPY BUNNY. R£TURNED MY USELESS SONY ANDROID TV UNDER CONSUMER RIGHTS ACT 2015. R£SULT=R£FUND!
22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
dobooth13

I updated my 49X83 yesterday with no problems with the update process. It does take about 30 minutes and I have super fast broadband.

I have only had the TV for 5 days. I had the blank screen bug once in the first 4 days.

I am pleased Sony have decided to address stability but it is too early to say if it has been fixed or not.

----------------------------
KD-49X8307C
mostlyhuman
Explorer

updated my KD49x8309cbu yesterday.

Only notice 1 issuse. in bottom left hand corner of screen I have the messsage Safe mode. how do i deal with it any help please

Thanks

Tim

malcky
Explorer

I set up the KD-65X8509C for my dad yesterday and it did perform a firmware update when I was setting it up, however I could not tell you if the firmware update is the one from 3 days ago or not....I will assume it is.

The update went through smoothly with no issues of any kind, however as he only got it yesterday I have no clue if there is any stability or bug issues with the TV or not.

One thing im defo not happy about is that I could not find the Plex app anywhere.....such a different menu system from my own TV (Sony KDL55W829B) which does have the Plex app.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@malcky - ive answered your Plex question in your other thread.

Thanks for your answer abour the firmware update

profile.country.GB.title
stegabilly
Explorer

Search for Plex in the Google Play store, that's where I downloaded it onto my X85

Jagular

if I recall correctly, I had to install Plex from the play store (KD-49X8005C)

Jagular

The KD-49X8005C update applied OK for me I think (the wife set it off while I wasn't there). I only have one question though... what happeded to YouView? :slight_frown: The TV guide is now red, you can't scroll back in time and the title in the top right says "Freeview". Do I need to go somewhere & accept a new terms of service and/or turn it on again? I had a look but can't see where to do this.

Edit: DNS settings caused the TV updater to geolocate outside the UK and applied the wrong firmware (PKG2.647.0052EUB) instead of the december UK update (PKG2.645.0052EUA). Looks like YouView isn't just turned off in on UK firmware, it's actually not present. Waiting on second line support for a fix...

rrrmiz
Explorer

My Touchpad TV Remote RMF-TX100E stopped working after the upgrading a KD-55X9005C.

I am trying to reconnect it, but nothing happens.

I see the little red light blinking under the hood when performing the volume-down + mic-btn-3-seconds operation.

/Misi

rrrmiz
Explorer

The touchpad remote now works.

I do not think this is related, but I tried to reset my remote without success: http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/68153

1. I set my TV into pairing mode and pressed VOL-down + Mic-btn in three seconds, but this did not seem to work this time either: http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/66473
  2. I then did a real shutdown of the TV by pressing the On/Off-button on the normal remote for a long time.
  3. At the same time as the TV started to shut down, a pairing-success message flashed by on the screen.
  4. After the TV restarted the touchpad remote now works.

To verify that your remote is in pairing mode, remove the cover and the red led should be blinking continously.

/Misi