Join now - be part of our community!

Wifi problem after Firmware

SOLVED
sunny71
Explorer

Wifi problem after Firmware

I have a KD-65X9305 tv. Yesterday I did upgraded on v2.637. (with pendrive), and was successful.

Before upgrade, I used wifi 5 GHz and was everything ok.

Now the tv doesn't see the 5 GHz band just 2.4.

What happended? Disabled in the firmware?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sunny71
Explorer

Hi everyone!

Succeeded!!!

Yesterday it came a new firmware and it includes dual-band option.

My beautiful tv again very smart and fast! So perfect!

THANK YOU SO MUCH SONY!!! :smileyhappy::smileykiss:

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As you are experiencing issues after a FW update, i would recommend a factory reset of the tv.  This can cure many weird issues after an update.

Cheers

sunny71
Explorer

Thank you so much the response, I hope will succeed. All settings are deleted, I didn't for a while :nauseated_face:

sunny71
Explorer

Hi

So the tv didn't return to the factory settings, but at least forgotall chanels and remote settings. The factory reset didn't solve the problem.The router works well, my phone works on 5 GHz. I wrote to sony, now I wait the response.While not responding, I don't adjust the channels. Now I have a very expensive livingroom decor :cry:

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Have you tried setting the router to channel 1 or 6? Those are the ones recommended by Sony in order to avoid interferences...

sunny71
Explorer

Yes, I tried this, it has relativy good on tv (2.4 GHz), but became disastrous on others things ( laptops, phone, tv ).

Rather I turned off on the X9305.  

sunny71
Explorer

Hi everyone!

Today came a new update, but the problem still persits.

I was in the Sony shop and I found there few Sony tv, which still contained the wifi dual band mode, this was Android 5.0.2. Os.

My tv have Android 5.1.1.

This is the big problem. The Factory Reset just delete your own settings, the Os reset doesnt.

I hope, the Sony corrects the problem on the next firmware, because I can't use the internet therefore.:smileypraying::smileycry:

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I don't konow why channel 1 and 6 give you problems with other devices. Those are the only wifi frequencies that do not overlap. Maybe you have too much interferences in your home...

sunny71
Explorer

I don't know either, everything works fine without tv, but if the tv on, stop the life.

sunny71
Explorer

Hi everyone!

Succeeded!!!

Yesterday it came a new firmware and it includes dual-band option.

My beautiful tv again very smart and fast! So perfect!

THANK YOU SO MUCH SONY!!! :smileyhappy::smileykiss: