Join now - be part of our community!

Built-in Wi-Fi not working

profile.country.GB.title
sal788
Explorer

Built-in Wi-Fi not working

My sony XBR65X930D worked fine for few weeks on Wi-Fi and now It is not able to find any Wi-Fi networks. Wired connection works fine. I am not able to turn ON the built-in Wi-Fi, when I select "on" for built-in Wi-fi connection, it tries turning it on then it gets reset to off position. How do i keep the built-in wi-fi setting to ON?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi sal788, 

Welcome to the community. Have you tried rebooting your TV? 

Thanks, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
sal788
Explorer

Yes I did multiple reboots and factory default reset. Reading other posts and based on their recomendtions, I changed the wi-fi setting on my router to only 2.4ghz and changed the channel to 11 than I did soft reboot (hold down the remote power button for 5-10 seconds) and this seems to have activated the built in wi-fi to "ON" position but now when I search for available wi-fi networks it doesn't pick up any wi-fi networks, the screen remains at searching and nothing happens. The wi-fi networks are there as my phone and laptop are able to pick them up but not my TV.. I did have live chat with Sony rep on several occasion but they do the basic troubshooting to reboot TV and router and doesn't solve my problem. How can I get TV to detect availabl wi-fi networks...any suggestion would help. Thank you.

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi sal788,

It might be best to contact Sony Support before 6pm today if you can, explaining that you have done multiple reboots and a factory reset, and see what they suggest.

Best wishes,

Pascale 

profile.country.GB.title
sal788
Explorer

Thanks.. I already spent countless hours with them  and their conclusion after several factory reboots was to to have the TV taken to Sony technician.. I am pretty sure this solveable with a repair call.