Join now - be part of our community!

Dark colours appearing green and pixelly effects on tv

profile.country.GB.title
Lucyb8
Explorer

Dark colours appearing green and pixelly effects on tv

20171125_195042.jpg

20171124_205713.jpg

I've had this issue since last November but haven't gotten Sony to do anything about it because I don't have proof of purchase. Though I have proof of this on a bank statement and have the order receipt and I bought it from the centre direct website. It was shipped from a store in Belfast which since last year closed down..typically. anyway the screen issue sometimes improves then goes back to this at it's worse. I've only had it since Feb 2016 and I've done all the updates and resets and tests. My tv is a KDL-50W809C. Does any one know the issue of this and how to fix it?

I want a normal working tv!

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I''l look into this and get back to you.

Also welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Lucyb8
Explorer

Hi did you find anything out?

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Hi Lucy,

Does that happen just with the PS4 or accross all inputs using different cables and ports?

Thanks,

Drew

profile.country.GB.title
Lucyb8
Explorer

Yes it does it with all inputs.

profile.country.GB.title
Lucyb8
Explorer

Any one?

Dark colours  go green, light colours go pink

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Have you tried contacting Sony support about this? https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email

Thanks,

Drew

profile.country.GB.title
Lucyb8
Explorer

Of course I have! I've contacted them about it since November 2016! Resets don't do anything,updates don't either it's something obviously to do with the hardware. They send in circles.

I bought my tv off centre direct where it was refurbished and sent from a store in northern Ireland which had now shut down.i don't have the receipt anymore, all I have is a bank statement and order receipt but Sony don't take that as a proof of purchase so aren't going to help me. Already sent them a serious email saying they're breaking the law as not fixing or replacing my tv so going go take it onto the next step. I've come on here to see of I can get a clear answer from someone as I am beyond sick of this damn tv and I want it fixed!

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Lucy, 

I've had some info back for you.

Your case is currently being handled by Sony customer relations office who sent you an email on 13/12 and are waiting for a reply from you. 

Best wishes, 

Pascale