Join now - be part of our community!

Can we fill a ticket so that Sony optimizes Android TV software?

MarcWalli
Explorer

Can we fill a ticket so that Sony optimizes Android TV software?

Can we get this official? Any moderator pls? Sony should be aware that 2017 Bravia TVs are having a hard time when it comes to performance, theres LAG, Flickering and some animations glitch when opening apps.

Sony can fix this with a Firmware update that focuses only on performance tweaking and bug fixing. If we make enough noise they may actually consider this. Also, if you know a better way to report this sort of things so their development team receives the message please tell me.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Nothing will ever change. I have been writing a comprehensive review and bug tracker, am spreading it in communities all around the world. Sony just doesn't care. Don't expect anything to change. Software on those devices is aweful, and not just because of Google.

MarcWalli
Explorer

Now that's some impressive work. I can't just go away without trying to reach their development team, I guess you tried to call them, email them and even live chatting, what did they say? there must be a way to escalate this.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

The term "escalate" really makes me angry. That's basically what Sony support teams do all day long. Escalate here, escalate there. Still nothing gets fixed. There is either a lack of money or a lack of knowledge.

profile.country.GB.title
SesioNLive

I would suggest going about this as following:

1) Make a official petition (Check other petitions of this kind to get a good reference on how to write it and what to include)

2) Make people aware by spreading it over all TV / 4K communities 

3) Once enough valid sony customers sign the petition and trust me they will do, send an email to all of the better tech news providers to get some real attention. (Without a petition it probably would be very hard to get good media coverage)

I tell you, as soon as the media will cover this laudly and the petition will be heavy, they will stop ignoring it and at least promise improvements. 

There truely is no reason to let such bad optimized and buggy experience go by "Smart TV 2017 / 2018". I believe that nowdays everyone expects way more than that.

Even 120€ smartphones are better than this when it comes to hardware (SoC+RAM) and software optimization as well as fixing of major bugs.

And while the SoC might not be the best, im pretty sure that with enough pressure you can get a miles better experiance out of it. Including proper EPG, more smoothness and speed as well as proper support for basic features. 

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

I spent hundreds of hours on review and bug tracker. I appreciate any help spreading the information, making it findable via web search engines.

profile.country.GB.title
SesioNLive

@Kuschelmonschter

Me and hopefully many other are very thankful for all your time and great work. Just about awesome!

I could eventually help writing the petition as well as help spreading it all over the internet. Based on what you already did, eg your review as well as all the forum posts and bug tracker, you might be just about the perfect guy to start such a petition. You know all the details about the ongoing issues and lacking progress etc.