Join now - be part of our community!

crap tv

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
greekgod123
Explorer

crap tv

it was a awe of time getting this TV as after 5 + years it seems to be breaking down, not worth the money I paid for it, anyone feel the same about SONY TVs

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
spannerzone

@royabrown2 that helpful answer isn't what the OP wants to hear, we're supposed to agree wholeheatedly and grumble rather than try to suggest anything helpful. 

I think we all need to just accept that anything with smart features added has a short lifespan compared to the basic product.... the cynical might suspect that adding smart features is beneficial to the manufacturer to ensure early retirement of otherwise perfectly fine equipment.

I got my 2019 smart TV fully aware that it'll probably be useless for apps in a couple of years time, shame but likely.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@spannerzone 

Sorry about that 🙃 

Personally, I think that if a TV is advertised as having certain apps, there should be a legal obligation on the app providers to keep them running for (say) a minimum of five years from the date the model is superseded, or declared no longer current, i.e. the same obligation there is on the providers of the hardware components.

But the practical path when your favourite apps start to be supported no longer, is to buy a smart device and plug it in to your TV, of which the Roku Sticks and Boxes are easily the most versatile.

This means the TV can maintain, or even upgrade, its current smarts for as long as its HDMI ports stay supported.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
greekgod123
Explorer

Thanks for your reply to my post but I think that all electrical appliances should have a 7 year warranty on them for parts and labour now we are coming out if the EU,I won't be buying anything to plug into it as I think it'll be a wast of money as I can use my Laptop to view the things I've lost on my SONY TV.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@greekgod123 

7 years - an interesting choice.

What’s the rationale behind that - why not longer, or shorter?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…