Join now - be part of our community!

Guidance Rtequired.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
PietreS
Explorer

Guidance Rtequired.

I am having sound issues with my new setup. KD-55WE9305 with CT780 soundbar, and X800 4K Bluray player. I have the soundbar plugged into the ARC HDMI port No 3, my Virgin box in port 4, and my X800 plugged into port 2. I have no sound on my soundbar after setting external speaker. On setting Internal speaker I have sound from my Virgin box, but if I select Netflix on Virgin I have picture but no sound. I am now confused as there is no pattern to confirm I have done something wrong. Please advise how I should be setting this up. I am at a later date going to add the DN1080 AV amp and remove the soundbar, but that is later. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. If i am being daft, I have no problem in being told that, as long as I can resove the issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi again Pietre,

Please try enabling the sound bar as the main audio output by going to (Home - Settings - Sound - speakers - Audio system), and making sure the (TV) input is selected on the sound bar. This should also fix the Netflix issue you mentioned.

If the issue remains, could you please let us know the following -

Where does the sound come from if the Virgin box is disconnected, the sound output is set to external speaker through the TV settings (as shown above) and the TV's built in Youtube app is used?

And also - where does the sound come from when the virgin box is disconnected, sound bar is set as the main output and a disc is played using the Blu-ray player?

We hope the advice in the first paragraph solves the problems for you,  but please do get back in touch if you have any further trouble.

Thanks,

Owen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi Pietre,

Thanks for getting in touch. We're looking into your setup and what could be wrong, and we'll get back to you shortly.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi again Pietre,

Please try enabling the sound bar as the main audio output by going to (Home - Settings - Sound - speakers - Audio system), and making sure the (TV) input is selected on the sound bar. This should also fix the Netflix issue you mentioned.

If the issue remains, could you please let us know the following -

Where does the sound come from if the Virgin box is disconnected, the sound output is set to external speaker through the TV settings (as shown above) and the TV's built in Youtube app is used?

And also - where does the sound come from when the virgin box is disconnected, sound bar is set as the main output and a disc is played using the Blu-ray player?

We hope the advice in the first paragraph solves the problems for you,  but please do get back in touch if you have any further trouble.

Thanks,

Owen