Join now - be part of our community!

HD not as good since Autumn 2017 update

profile.country.GB.title
Pete4L

HD not as good since Autumn 2017 update

Hi All,

Has anyone else noticed that the HD channels on freeview are not as crisp as they were before the November 2017 update?

My 2015 55X8507C running Android 6.01 has definitely lost some of the sharpness on HD channels with freeview since that update. I noticed it straight away after the TV rebooted. It doesn't seem to have affected the satellite channels though..

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
NRG117

I noticed yesterday The sharpness setting changed during the update .. it was actually higher.  May of over done it. I put it down slightly. 

profile.country.GB.title
Pete4L

So does the update revert the settings back to the factory version? 

I spent ages tweaking the picture before the update but I'm not sure this is a settings issue. Previous updates haven't changed the clarity of High Definition. I'll have to fiddle about with the settings and see if I can improve things

profile.country.GB.title
NRG117

You are supposed to factory default reset the TV both before and after the update.  But updates can change factory default values eg. Sharpness at default may of been 50 before the update .. But im pretty sure it wasnt 75 like it is after..

profile.country.GB.title
Pete4L

I fiddled about with the settings and the picture is slightly better but it definitely is not as sharp as it was before the last update. I did also do a factory reset and that is a hassle because you have to sign back into google & reinstall the apps etc..  

Maybe they'll sort things out with the next update!

profile.country.GB.title
NRG117

Its a big hassle..