Join now - be part of our community!

New Sony Android TV Bug-Tracker

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

New Sony Android TV Bug-Tracker

I migrated all my Sony Android TV bug into a github repository:

sony_atv

It improves bug management a lot. One can filter for problem categories via labels (e.g. USB, Standby, Amazon Video,...) or for a specific FW version via milestones.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Educated_Pork

This is great.. nice work!

If only we had any bugs being fixed.. Absolutely no sign of any work on addressing things since Nougat was released on my 55XE9305.. (

Dean

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

You will soon learn that Sony hardly fixes anything. Some people have been waiting for fixes in core functionality since the very beginning of Android TV. Situation actually tends to get worse with every major Android TV version, as the underlying system (Linux and drivers) is not very well maintained by Sony and MediaTek.

Find more about all this in my comprehensive review.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

All bugs in the tracker have now been checked with latest FW 3.925. Nothing changes as usual. This firmware is still not based on Nougat. It indeed seems like Sony had to push this firmware before November in order to remove the Twitter Socal Viewing feature...

profile.country.GB.title
SesioNLive

Thanks for the hard work, this is the best and most detailed list of bugs I've so far seen.

The bugs are are well described, including good how-to-reproduce information.

I sure hope that @Anonymous @Owen_G @Mick_D will notice and acknowdlge it. Also I hope that they will answer here to at least confirm thier intation of forwarding it to the developers and trying to imply internal pressure on Sony to put this a higher priority.