Join now - be part of our community!

KD65A1 Unable to sign in to google play on

profile.country.GB.title
NeerajK
Explorer

KD65A1 Unable to sign in to google play on

Hi there,

I am trying to sign in to the google play app on my TV using the remote, however there is no option for me to enter any letters, or symbols. No on screen keyboard appears and I haven't been able to work my remote in such a way that I can. Does anyone have any idea how I can sign in?

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @NeerajK, welcome to the Community.

You should sign into your Google account first on your TV, which will let you access all Google apps. This video covers a similar procedure, hope it helps.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
joelippa

The process described in the video to transfer google account credentials from a phone/tablet will be useful for some people @Mick_D. However there's no escaping the fact that there is an unresolved issue that exists in the area of getting the on-screen keyboard to appear so that google account details can be input directly on the TV. I have seen this problem myself.

Suggesting an alternative method to get google account credentials onto a TV other than via remote control input, an alternative method that may or may not work for some people, really does not make the original problem any less relevant and the existence of the alternative method certainly does not make the original problem "fixed".