Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Android TV - KD-55SD8505

SOLVED
Ivan1223
Explorer

Sony Android TV - KD-55SD8505

Guys help.

I bought this television, and i have a problem.

I want to download aplication Modbro, but there is a problem.

I go on opera browser on the site of modbro, and when i click download there is a note i cant open that file, and can not download.. why?? 

pls help, i want this aplication to use. 

Modbro is not place in google play store.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ivan1223
Explorer

thanks, everything is ok now.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Ivan1223
Explorer

HELLLO?

Anonymous
Not applicable

YES?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there

If you do a search on this site for "Mobdro" - you will find a couple of links that gives instructions/ideas on how to install it.

Search - Mobdro.jpg

Discussions around Mobdro and various similar apps fall into a grey area in regards to forum rules.  It can be discussed, but any links violate forum rules and hence will be removed.

How to install - The lowdown:

As Mobdro is not an official app that can be downloaded by the Google Play TV store that is on the TV, it cannot be installed that way.  Therefore this app needs to be 'sideloaded' onto the TV.

You must do a 'google' search and download the APK file.  You also need to enable a setting for apps to be installed from unknown sources.  Then you must be able to run the APK installer on the TV for it to install.  For you to run Mobdro, you will need to also install another laucher such as "Sideload Launcher - Android TV"

See threads:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/kd-55xd8577su-how-do-i-install-apps-like-mobdro/m-p/21851...

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/mobdro-and-show-box-on-android-tvs/m-p/2217826

Cheers

Ivan1223
Explorer

You must do a 'google' search and download the APK file.  You also need to enable a setting for apps to be installed from unknown sources. 

I done that, and i go on opera browser, search Mobdro, i click download, and message is that i can not download, and no possible open that file.. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to download the APK onto a PC, then transfer or open it up from the TV using a file manager.  You cannot download from the web-browser on the TV.

Read the two threads from the link I posted above.

Ivan1223
Explorer

i can't found that file in file manager.

Ivan1223
Explorer

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Ivan1223 wrote:

HELLLO?

Hi Ivan

The advice on this forum is provided by fellow users like yourself, if and when they have time and know the answer, for free.

if you want an SLA, you will need to go and find a source of paid support that will undertake to respond within a certain timescale.

After which you may find the support on here is worth every penny you pay for it, and very often, rather much more 🙂

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ivan1223 wrote:

You're welcome :slight_smile:

Im glad you have managed to figure it out !