Join now - be part of our community!

Sony kd49x8305c

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
suej70
New

Sony kd49x8305c

I unplugged my perfectly working TV when I went on holiday for 4 weeks. Now it won't turn back on properly.  It starts to run through an initial set up, stops, starts again and so on and so on.  Left it doing this for 1 hour then  another hour and finally researched online and decided to try a hard factory reset.  Which I have done twice as suggested on the Sony website if the reset doesn't work the first time.  But it's still in the same loop.

Anyone had a similar problem or know a solution.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @suej70,

Welcome to the Sony Online Community! It is very unfortunate but the issue you are experiencing is a common exhibiting fault across the entire X8305c line. There is nothing you could have done differently in preventing the fault. The mainboard will require a replacement.

I suggest you contact Sony Support and open a case for the TV. They will be able to verify if your TV is still under warranty and can book a repair for you. Else if it is not, they still can suggest what would be the course of action.

Hope you find my reply useful.

Cheers,

Dutchice

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @suej70,

Welcome to the Sony Online Community! It is very unfortunate but the issue you are experiencing is a common exhibiting fault across the entire X8305c line. There is nothing you could have done differently in preventing the fault. The mainboard will require a replacement.

I suggest you contact Sony Support and open a case for the TV. They will be able to verify if your TV is still under warranty and can book a repair for you. Else if it is not, they still can suggest what would be the course of action.

Hope you find my reply useful.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
suej70
New

I've been told it is a mainboard that needs replacing and that it is common in the model.

profile.country.GB.title
suej70
New

Thanks Duchice, will contact Sony Support as suggested. 

profile.country.GB.title
piete242
New

We had exact same problem. After hard reset we did get green light for 5 seconds. Thats was it. Mainbord?

profile.country.GB.title
piete242
New

TV is just over 2 ys old ... so Sony does noet help you at all anymore. 650 euro's for just over 2 years is way too much, NEVER again Sony for this reason only.

Please pass it on !! Otherwise they w'll never learn.

Greetz, Piet

profile.country.GB.title
elixir19
Explorer

I agree. For a company that claim to produce quality products and have a strong stand on the environment they produce some very expensive landfill. Never again.
profile.country.GB.title
elixir19
Explorer

Yes, the main board was gone on mine. Anecdotally I have heard that it is due to a cheap capacitor that fails. I believe Sony are aware of this.