Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to reset streaming channels

profile.country.IT.title
Luigi_R

Unable to reset streaming channels

Does anyone know how to reset the settings for streaming channels? For a trial I have imported both Zattoo and Google play channels but I have not been able to delete them. In the past to solve it quickly I have reset the entiry TV, but I do not want to do it again. I have tried to delete the cache and the data of the following app but It did not work: streaming channels, guide, settings, zattoo and Google play

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi Luigi

Sorry I've not been able to find a solution for you as yet. I'm checking this with the relevant team and the thread will be updated as soon as they respond.

Best wishes

Mick_D

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@Luigi_R I am not sure about Zatoo (just out of curiosity, how do you import its channels?), but what I know is that to get a rid of the Google Play Movie streaming trailers from nowhere I disabled the whole app in the settings and lived a better life. I mean, I had streams starting out of nowhere with pumped up volume in the middle of the night.

If you want to keep the app for any reason, you should probably just reset the Google Play Movie (& TV? Not sure about its real name) data from the app settings. If Zatoo is an app (I don't know), just uninstall it.

profile.country.IT.title
Luigi_R

@Jecht_Sin: From the home page under inputs ("Ingressi") the first item is Streaming channels (Canali in streaming), the icon is a TV with a cloud on it. If you click there for the first time TV ask you if you want to import the channels from the Zattoo (if you have the app installed) or Google play. One you click on one of the service there is no way to remove them anymore, i.e everytime you click back on Streaming channels it automatically shows the Zatto channels or the Google Play one. Then if you go under settings->Channel settings->Configuration of the streaming channels it shows again Zattoo and Google Play, if you click on one of the two you find a sub-menu listing again "Configuration" (x channels) and Show/Hide channels nothing more. In the past I have already tried to hide one by one all of them (long work) but it does not reset the Streaming channels itself. 

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Ok, thanks. Is it available also in Italy or it's an UK thing? I am not sure where you're located. Not that I am interested on trying anyway..

PS: did you achieve anything disabling the Google Play Movie app?

profile.country.IT.title
Luigi_R

@Jecht_Sin: Sorry for the late reply. Terminating the Google Play app did not work. Zattoo is not available in Italy but from Swiss you have access to italian free channels. I have tried cancelling the cache of many dtv provider system services included the Programme Guide and it worked. I did not manage to identify which one is the right one. I have tried several time to activate the Streaming channel and trying to find a way to reset them but it seems to be linked to several apps/services. I started to have ramdom crash of other apps so I decided to stop testing.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@Luigi_R wrote:

@Jecht_Sin: Terminating the Google Play app did not work.

Sorry, did you terminate or disable it? Terminating wouldn't do much. What I did has been to get a rid of it disabling Google Play Film, since all my channel streaming were played by it. Basically I disabled their player, and without player, no party! :smiling:

profile.country.IT.title
Luigi_R

Yesterday I gave up and I decided to reset the TV. Now I have removed the streaming channel from the inputs list. Hopefully nobody will go in and load the those channels again 🙂