Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to update firmware - KDL-55W805C

SOLVED

Unable to update firmware - KDL-55W805C

Hi

Unfortunately, I am not able to update the firmware on my SONY Bravia KDL-55W805C

Current firmware: PKG2.257.0010EUA

I downloaded the latest firmware (v3.865 Sony Website) and put onto a USB:

- The update started and a white Led light started blinking on the front panel of the TV

- When the update finished, I went to Home - Settings - Help and the firmware was not updated (PKG2.257.0010EUA)

I tried inserting prepared USB into USB port 1, 2 and 3 and also created two copies of the update on, one of them renamed as 'upgrade_uploader.pkg' having no luck (PKG2.257.0010EUA).

When going to Home - Settings - Help - System software update - Check for a system software update - Update Now: 

- The update started and a white Led light started blinking on the front panel of the TV

- When the update finished, I went to Home - Settings - Help and the firmware was not updated (PKG2.257.0010EUA)

Please, does anyone know why this is occurring and how to fix it.

Thanks

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have sent you a private message with some instructions - I believe this will fix it for you.  Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have sent you a private message with some instructions - I believe this will fix it for you.  Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Sorted.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
moses114
Explorer

I have the same issue with the same level of Firmware.   I'm running PKG2.237.0010NAA and I tried to update to the PKG3.865.0136NAA with no luck.  Automatic updates will find an update and attempt to download but eventually struggles or timesout.  I've used both wired and wireless connections.  I can copy the .pkg file to a USB flash drive and it will see this file and copy, but once the TV reboots, it just comes back to the same PKG2.237 firmware version.   I know this post has been a few months old, but if you could let me know the solution, I would be very grateful.  Thanks in Advance!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @moses114

Can you please confirm your TV model number?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
moses114
Explorer

This is the Sony Bravia 2015 Model KDL-50W800C Ver. 5.0.2  Build SVPDTV15_UC-USER5.0.2LGY75.S117

2.237 release_keys

Current firmware level is PKG2.237.0010NAA

Thanks for the quick response!

profile.country.GB.title
moses114
Explorer

When I try to install the PKG3.885.0137NAA, it will copy from the USB drive till about 74% and then the Television power cycles.  I get the colorful dancing android dots till it spells out Android.   Then another power cycle and colorful dancing android dots again.  The android logo again before entering the HOME screen.  The background is still the old firmware version and I check the Help menu and the version is still 2.237

I was thinking I had to step by step up to that newer version but I can't seem to find any firmware revisions between 2.237 and 3.885

Thanks again in Advance!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @moses114

I am going to send you the instructions via private message on how to fix this.  However your TV model number is not a UK/EU model number - thus far, this fix has only worked on UK and EU model TVs.  You might have to contact Sony in your country if this doesnt work.

In regards to firmware - all the previous versions are incorporated into the latest, hence you dont need to (and cannot) upgrade to each and every version - you can 'jump' to the latest.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
niijohnnie
New

I also have a Sony Bravia KDL-55W805A which after a power board failure  and repair, now the backlight comes on for a second then the led blinks alternatively between green and amber. I have read it may mean the tv is in update mode however it is unable to update from the pen drive formatted with FAT32 with the latest software for EU model on the sony site. However nothing happens even after leaving the set for a day with the pen drive insert. Please do you have any suggestion to attempt?

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi there

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
moses114
Explorer

I was not successful in updating my Sony Bravia firmware.  (Thanks though to Quinnicus for trying to help).

I don't want to speculate on what the problem was, but my model was the US and not EU software.  I just purchased a "Set Top Device" and use this only with an external device.  I did not get Sony (USA) involved in my issue either.

My symptom seemed to be that it would load the firmware to a high percentage but never reach 100% before rebooting the TV.  The booting Android Logo was always the old version after it would reboot.  My other symptom was that Apps would stop functioning, requiring a firmware update before they would allow access to them again.  I was never able to succeed in the firmware update.  Best of Luck!