Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to update firmware - KDL-55W805C

SOLVED

Unable to update firmware - KDL-55W805C

Hi

Unfortunately, I am not able to update the firmware on my SONY Bravia KDL-55W805C

Current firmware: PKG2.257.0010EUA

I downloaded the latest firmware (v3.865 Sony Website) and put onto a USB:

- The update started and a white Led light started blinking on the front panel of the TV

- When the update finished, I went to Home - Settings - Help and the firmware was not updated (PKG2.257.0010EUA)

I tried inserting prepared USB into USB port 1, 2 and 3 and also created two copies of the update on, one of them renamed as 'upgrade_uploader.pkg' having no luck (PKG2.257.0010EUA).

When going to Home - Settings - Help - System software update - Check for a system software update - Update Now: 

- The update started and a white Led light started blinking on the front panel of the TV

- When the update finished, I went to Home - Settings - Help and the firmware was not updated (PKG2.257.0010EUA)

Please, does anyone know why this is occurring and how to fix it.

Thanks

Tony

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
lunnytoon
New

I'm having the same problem, my firmware just wont update. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

profile.country.GB.title
moses114
Explorer

I just finally gave up and run this TV from an auxilary device. (Roku).  My issue was that the TV was the U.S. model.  Seems there is a difference in regional models and that firmware.  I was attempting to find older versions to slowly patch my way to a current level (Or something that would update and work from a previous version).   I could never get the firmware to finish after 99%.  It would reboot and then be back at their previous firmware revision.   

NOTE:  I never really tried to call a Sony Support to get answers but rather I only tried researching and getting no good solution.  So my TV is still at the first firmware revision. 

-Best of Luck